Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevedenesha  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2006 2:03:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've been approved for Disability Retirement and in an interim pay status with OPM. On the bottom right of the USPS Pay statement there is any area called USPS Retirement. I know it isn't TSP because I already took care of that. Does anyone know if this amount will be paid when I receive my annual leave and back payment from OPM? I believe the amount was around 4,000 which would be nice.
Thanx
Steve
EddieV  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2006 7:29:26 AM(UTC)

The 4 grand is your share of your retirement fund. It will be paid as a portion of your monthly check. I don't know if it is paid as part of your disability or if they will wait until your retirement is recomputed prior to your 62 birthday. I haven't seen any indication yet on mine, but it should be on the 1099R at the end of the year.
fred123  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:14:17 AM(UTC)

I went out on disability last March and was getting interim pay. OPM is very good at keeping you informed. They will send you a booklet that is very informative. If you have any annual leave coming to you make sure you get paid(USPS pays you this in 1 check) for those days. My process went very smooth.
stevedenesha  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2006 2:34:03 AM(UTC)

I still haven't been paid my annual leave since going out on disability retirement in apr. Can you tell me who will be paying the annual leave USPS or OPM?
EddieV  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2006 3:20:54 AM(UTC)

quote:
Originally posted by stevealbuquerque:
I still haven't been paid my annual leave since going out on disability retirement in apr. Can you tell me who will be paying the annual leave USPS or OPM?

You should have been paid for your leave on your last check from the PO after retirement. The leave payable would not include all of the leave advanced at the first of the year, just that you carried over from last year and the leave you earned this year. I have no idea who you need to contact. Good luck.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed