Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
berly57  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2007 5:49:25 AM(UTC)
berly57

Groups: Registered

Hey guys -- I've just joined this board so probably am going to tick you guys off by addressing same subjects you already have. But -- my post office had been approved for a PTF, there were some labor issues, so in the meantime, my postmaster offered me the job of PMR. This was last April. So finally, in December, she gets the word that this PTF has finally been approved so, basically, I'm out of a job in two weeks. Then, we find out she's turned down the job. Now all of a sudden the budget for a clerk -- across the board -- is frozen for two years. I'm just not getting this. I'm doing all job that a clerk does and making $9.00/hr with no benefits, etc. Why, if the clerk was in her budget, is it now out. And why when the clerk in a neighboring town is not getting enough hours, why isn't she being brought up to my post office. Is there anywhere to go on this? Unfortunately, my postmaster (who is a great person and who I really get along with), is not willing to make waves at all. Isn't it about time someone or somebodies starts making waves with the USPS. If I read one more PostalLink that says how important their employees are, I think I'm going to vomit. Sorry, but just a tad ticked off right now. Any input?
postalwiz  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2007 8:56:13 AM(UTC)
postalwiz

Groups: Registered

I am not sure what your status is, a PMR, Postmaster Relief Replacement, were you hired off the street? what level office is this? usually PMR's are hired for level 15 and below offices and usually for offices that do not qualify for a PTF and if they took the authorization for a PTF away, why are you out of a job? did you think that you were going to be hired as a PTF because you were the PMR? it does not happen that way, a Hiring Worksheet has to be asked for and then the top 3 people on the hiring worksheet will be called in for an interview and to process paperwork. As for the authorization to hire a PTF being taken away,
it happens. You do not give a lot of information with the exception of being ticked off. If you are a PMR you can always go to one
of the Postmaster's organizations and ask them
to look into this matter, maybe they can give you some answers.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed