Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tyson  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 4:01:13 PM(UTC)
Tyson

Groups: Registered

In this office, there are two PTFs and one Postmaster. It is a level 18 and we do not even have city delivery. We wonder how we were classified as a Level 18. Apparently, the Postmaster does not have enough work to do and is doing all of our work. Since the Postmaster's end of the year meeting in October, the PTFs hours have been cut drastically from 32 hours each per week to 19 hrs. each per week. She is doing all of our clerk duties. Postmaster comes in early and sets up at the window ready to work at 10:00 a.m. She works with no lunch break from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 or 5:30 p.m. When the Postmaster does her timecard, she does not record that she worked nine to ten hours a day. By working extra hours she eliminated giving us hours. I would like to know if other offices have had the same experience.
rainman  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 7:32:55 PM(UTC)
rainman

my understanding of the new clerk contract is that PM's can do up to 2 hours of clerk work a day. I would grieve anything over that assuming the 2 hour thing is correct.
clydecasey12  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 9:25:53 PM(UTC)
clydecasey12

They have a job desciption that says historically they can perform 1.6 work,this sounds as if this isnt the case you have been cut hours and the PM has picked up your time call your unio rep and have tham file a greivance for violation of 1.6 of the contract this is not allowed i filed in our office and the PM had to cease and desist
Tyson  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:49:43 PM(UTC)
Tyson

Hi Rainman and Clydecasey,

Thank you so much for your responses. I took your advice and contacted a member of San Francisco Region Clerk Divison of NBA's since our office is not respresented by a stewart.

I hope that something will come out of this and stop the Postmaster from doing our clerk duties.
Financially, the clerks are in the hole since she has been doing this since October. I had to get a loan to cover my bills since I had used up my annual leave since October.

This past Monday, January 15, Postmaster worked the window all day with no lunch break while we walled the mail. We had 35 ft. of DPS and 12 tubs of flats, and 6 feet of distribution letters. That did not include political mail.
Both clerks worked only four hours each and Postmaster worked 11 hours. The next day, Tuesday, Postmaster went in early and put up the political mail! Each clerk was given only three hours each, while she worked 9 l/2 hours.

I was so happy to hear from both of you. Thank you so much!
rainman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:52:06 AM(UTC)
rainman

I think clerks that complain when the PM lends a hand every now and then should relax a bit but this PM sounds way out of line. I can't see how he/she can get away with it. If the area steward sounds like they don't want to deal with it or make it out like it's no big deal, call the asst state or state steward. Sounds to me like he/she is going to try to justify eleminating a PTF position so they can kiss butt and climb the ladder faster.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed