Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerbuss  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:19:38 AM(UTC)
nerbuss

Groups: Registered

what is thie 804 driving exam
te2b  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:25:15 AM(UTC)
te2b

The 804 is the first driving test you take in your own car. The 805 is the computer driving test and the 806 is the driving test you take in the postal truck (LLV). The 804 is the first test they issue in order to weed out the people that really should not be behind the wheel. Basic driving skills.
<strong><em><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><font color=GREEN>"Life's River Shall Rise, And Only The Strong Shall Survive"</strong></em></font></font></font>
jackel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:58:23 PM(UTC)
jackel

Exam 804 is the initial road test for those positions requiring driving (mostly carrier positions). It is conducted prior to the person being employed. The applicant must pass this road test to be further considered for positions that require driving. It is a performance-based test.
hot_burrito_1  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:32:30 AM(UTC)
hot_burrito_1

I don't remember taking a driving test when I first got hired back in October of 2005. We didn't go out in my car or take a computer test or anything like that. I didn't even get trained on the LLV and CRV/ FFV until April of 2006 and somehow they think I'm not trained on those vehicles or they have lost the paperwork. The only tests we had in that training was the road test, that I can remember. Are they doing things differently now?
cwatkins  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2008 1:49:01 AM(UTC)
cwatkins

What all is involved in the exam 804? I need some advice in order to prepare if offered the chance. I have applied for 6 TE positions and have been told I will get an interview for one. How long do they give you to get a vehicle in offered a job?
indydoug  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:07:49 AM(UTC)
indydoug

quote:
Originally posted by cwatkins:
I have applied for 6 TE positions and have been told I will get an interview for one.

How did they tell you? Letter in the mail or phone call?
mamaT  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:48:59 AM(UTC)
mamaT

hot_burrito_1
As far as the LLV training if it has been over a year since you have driven one then you have to go for training again, I did
cwatkins  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 3:30:19 AM(UTC)
cwatkins

I emailed the post master at one of the stations and she said she would be setting up interviews and looks forward to meeting me.
cwatkins  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 07, 2009 9:57:10 AM(UTC)
cwatkins

I got an email from on office aaking if I was still interested and if so to email her back. I did and she is supposed to set up an interview. Today I got a letter in the mail asking if I was still interested and to call and let them know in order to set up an interview. So I guess each office does it different. I even got an email asking for me to consent to a background check.

I still would like to know what to prepare for on the driving test. On the first test do you have to drive in the middle of the seat or a left hand drive vehicle. Or do they just ride with you driving normally. I have to supply my own vehicle. Which mine in a 5 speed but if I get the job I am willing to get a mail car. I was wondering how long I would have to get one too. I was thinking I would re riding with someone else for a short time.

Any advice is appreciated
mamaT  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 07, 2009 2:31:01 PM(UTC)
mamaT

For your first driving test it will be like the test you took to get your liscense. You under the wheel and them riding passenger.
As far as the time to get a vehicle if you are goning to be on a roural route, once you finish part of the training you will need a vehicle. I think the last day of training you drive your vehicle to deliver the route and the regular carrier rides with you.
cwatkins  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:09:26 AM(UTC)
cwatkins

MamaT- When you say the last day of training. Do you mean the last day of academy or last day of training ridig with someone. I was under the impression that I would go to the academy and then ride with the regular carrier to learn the route. OR would my route training be out of my car. I really dont know the training process I guess I am just assuming. I was wondering how long the training process is and would they have me learn more than one route. Thanks for your help.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed