Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
indydoug  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:55:30 AM(UTC)
indydoug

Groups: Registered

Can someone give me the lowdown on LiteBlue? I know it's a website for PO employees but do TEs have access to LiteBlue? Do career carriers use LiteBlue to put in for transfers? Does LiteBlue show who has recently been hired, promoted, retired, etc.?
MaleMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:13:02 AM(UTC)
MaleMan

LiteBlue is a lighter version of the postal (Blue) intranet that can be accessed from Postal facilities. LiteBlue lets you connect with some areas of the bigger Blue: “My Home” and “My Life” and "PostalEASE...”.

LiteBlue lets you read USPS News Link and other communications; check out employee deals; peruse internal job openings; look at benefits and money management tools and a list of USPS healthcare providers and plans.

Now you have the access and ability to start, stop or change several Payroll and Benefits elections from the comfort of your own home PC or wireless device.
Through the Postal Services' "Blue" intranet, you able to make changes in your Net to Bank, TSP contributions and more. This "new" site does belong to the USPS.

The website also provides detailed retirement information for the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), CSRS Offset, and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)

Employees can go directly to the issue of interest to them. A workbook including charts and examples for each segment is available for download or review online. This tool offers employees flexibility to access retirement and benefit information on various topics 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am sorry but I do not know what class or classes of employees have access to LiteBlue. My guess would be career only but that is only a guess.

Postal Employees can access Liteblue at: http://liteblue.usps.gov and then entering their employee ID number (found at the top of your paystub) and your USPS PIN.
<font color=RED><em> <center> Just Because You're Paranoid - Doesn't Mean They Aren't Out To Get You. </em> </center></font>
TEupdated  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:45:24 AM(UTC)
TEupdated

As a TE I have access to Liteblue (that is when I'm not terminated Smile

I've logged in and checked bank info and never tried to access anything else.

Regards,
TE
thickandhardy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 10:55:33 AM(UTC)
thickandhardy

New TE hear trying to access liteblue to set up direct deposit. I received my pin number in the mail, but it's asking me for an employee id that's located on my check stub, but I don't have a check stub yet. Do you know an easy way to figure that number out like is it my ss# or must I wait for my first check or can HR give that number to me?
chrisa5  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:08:57 AM(UTC)
chrisa5

It's different than your ss#. It may be on some of your paper work that you got at orientation. They let me keep the piece of paper that I held in front of me for my ID photo and it has my employee ID on it. That's what I used to get in to it. I just got my PIN in the mail today.
Dorothy Gale  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:42:07 AM(UTC)
Dorothy Gale

I was told, as a new employee, that the first check could not be direct deposit. Just wait till you get it, and then you'll have your employee ID # and you can set it up on LiteBlue.
thickandhardy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:45:46 AM(UTC)
thickandhardy

I looked over all my paperwork and got no id number. I may have to contact HR then.
thickandhardy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:05:34 PM(UTC)
thickandhardy

Dorthy, she made it seem like we can set it up now (after receiving out pin#), but that it may not be deposited on the first check. If I can set it up now, then I should have an employee id # somewhere.
abadgti  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:14:22 PM(UTC)
abadgti

I received my employee ID during orientation.
te2b  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:57:41 PM(UTC)
te2b

Patience hopeful. When you get your first check (your pm should hand the real paper check to you on payday) it will have your ID# on it. Then you can go home and set up your automatic deposit. It will take effect on the following paycheck, liteblue is quick in processing those requests. Then you will get your paystub in the mail in the days prior to payday. Sometimes mine shows up as early as Tuesday or Wednesday even though payday is on Friday. It's nice. But in the meantime, have patience. Really, this should be the least of your worries right now. Smile
<strong><em><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><font color=GREEN>"Life's River Shall Rise, And Only The Strong Shall Survive"</strong></em></font></font></font>
Dorothy Gale  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 10:46:18 PM(UTC)
Dorothy Gale

I'm laughing about that last post, saying that signing up for direct deposit should be the least of a new TE's worries. That is SO TRUE---but I was the same way when I was a new hire.

One thing that you'll learn, if nothing else, when you work for USPS, is that it is almost impossible to change the way your supervisors and management do anything. This has been very hard for me to learn, but it's so true.

Try not to beat your head against the wall over minor issues, or to irritate your trainer or supervisor by asking lots of questions about issues like your ID number. She has many, many, many other things to keep up with and get straight, and she is not going to do anything differently no matter how much you pester her. She's just going to dread supervising you.

And what's the best way for a supe to avoid supervising you? To see that you don't pass probation. Don't set yourself up to fail. Give her and yourself a break and just wait till she gives you the information or you get your first paycheck.

For now, just be one of the herd. Try to distinguish yourself only in positive ways, such as following rules to the letter, learning things fast, listening to all the instructions before waving your hand in the air, and doing the best job you can possibly do. This will make you and your supervisor look good, and she will like that.

Don't pester her to death like a mosquito over little things.
thickandhardy  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2009 1:47:38 AM(UTC)
thickandhardy

I'm not beating myself up over that info, just wanted to know how to obtain it that's all. It was the HR person who told us to set up direct deposit when we receive pin#, but she didn't say we also needed an employee number as well. She gave that number to me today already so I'm fine. I haven't started working w/my co-workers and supervisor yet, but will tomorrow and i plan on not bothering them w/minor stuff like that and doing what it takes to pass the probation. Thanks for the advice.
vetcas  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:13:30 AM(UTC)
vetcas

I was wondering if anyone knows how accurate the liteblue site is on job status? I applied for several positions during phase 2 and check the site daily for updates. It has said the same thing since I applied, process/selection? does anyone know what and if it will say if an applicant is selected for the position? The deadline for hiring is July 23rd.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed