Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
map5801  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 12:08:53 AM(UTC)
map5801

Groups: Registered

Please enlighten me, which is better being a TE carrier or a RCA. What's the Pros & Cons? Is there a bid difference among the two. Thanks for any input! Roll Eyes
map5801  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 12:10:29 AM(UTC)
map5801

Please enlighten me, which is better being a TE carrier or a RCA. What's the Pros & Cons? Is there a big difference among the two. Thanks for any input! Roll Eyes
map5801  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2009 12:11:05 AM(UTC)
map5801

Please enlighten me, which is better being a TE carrier or a RCA. What's the Pros & Cons? Is there a big difference among the two? Thanks for any input! Roll Eyes
ptrworker  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 12:21:50 AM(UTC)
ptrworker

The TE city carriers at my office are getting a lot of hours right now. RCA's usually only get to work one day a week unless they cover a vacation or sick leave for a full-time RC. But, and it's a big but, the TE's career could be over at any moment as they can be let go at any time to make their hours available to career employees. If we go to five-day delivery, you won't see a TE or an RCA anywhere in the USPS, probably.
mom2cole  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:00:29 AM(UTC)
mom2cole

There will be a few RCA's if we go 5 days a week. Someone has to cover for sick days and vacations. People also seem to forget that the Rural Carriers work on an evaluated time. Get paid x amount of hours for the day to do the job, hours based on a 6 day work week. If you take a day away and make it a 5 day work week to do those x amount of hours than you end up with more hours for the day, so the carrier still might need a day off here and there depending on route size.
mom2cole  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:01:16 AM(UTC)
mom2cole

I know that on Saturdays I still have enough mail to occupy a good 7 or 8 hours. Now tues and wed are a different story.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed