Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Retirement Planning

Whether you are close to federal employee retirement or just starting out in your career, this is the place to share ideas with your federal colleagues on creating a secure financial foundation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jharrilla  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:41:36 PM(UTC)
jharrilla

Groups: Registered

What is the difference between Retirement SCD Date and Retirement 6C Date?
junkmail  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 1:22:17 AM(UTC)
junkmail

Groups: Registered

Your Retirement 6C Date is the date you first were employed in a 6C position, if you have continuous 6C service. If you leave and then return to a 6c covered position this date will change accordingly.

The only place that I have seen a SCD (service computation date) referred to as a retirement SCD is in my yearly benefit letter put out by OPM. It is a computed date that gives credit for military time and any other federal service. That being said, the retirement SCD that was on my benefit letters was always the same--both before and after I bought back my military time. So I concluded that OPM was merely using my SCD for leave purposes as the retirement SCD.

The 6c date is the one that determines when you are eligible to retire--age 50 and 20 yrs(CSRS and FERS) or 25 yrs(FERS).

If you want to know how a SCD is computed you can download info at http://www.opm.gov/feddata/gppa/gppa06.pdf
Rss Feed  Atom Feed