Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

759 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raging Hormones  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:26:46 PM(UTC)
Raging Hormones

Groups: Registered

I passed their first exam and now the TSA has invited me back for a 2 hour Airport Assessment.  I'm wondering what's that all about and what's it going to be like?  If anybody here has gone through this experience please tell me what to expect and how to prepare myself for it.

reed165  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:54:07 AM(UTC)
reed165

still waiting to take the computer based test...TSA Dashboard just got up recently
Raging Hormones  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:24:40 AM(UTC)
Raging Hormones

reed165 wrote:
still waiting to take the computer based test...TSA Dashboard just got up recently
  The first test I took was the computerized test.  I still don't know what they're looking for in the airport assessment besides checking you for security precautions.
bmoregirl  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 4:00:49 AM(UTC)
bmoregirl

The Airport Assessment is when you'll have your interview. You'll also take a vision test and be fingerprinted.
nodog  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:01:04 AM(UTC)
nodog

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My nephew has received a notice to take a test, is this the computerized test you speak of? What type questions are on it? Is it just a common sense test or does it get into scenarios and issues? Good luck Raging. 
sogirlish  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:06:13 PM(UTC)
sogirlish

I was wondering as well. I go for my airport assessment next month...i was just curious as to what happens during this stage of the hiring process.
nodog  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:06:58 AM(UTC)
nodog

My nephew took his computer test yesterday. He told me today it wasn't hard at all. Parts of it were scanning pictures (timed) and then answer if there was "A" or "B" in the scan. Other parts were just common sense type questions. They told him he would be notified of the results next week. He said there were only two others taking the test for the TSA and one taking a test for the post office while he was there.  From what I hear TSA will be hiring around ten thousand soon, so the odds of getting a job must be pretty good if you pass the test. I'll see if I can get a little more detail about the test next time I talk with him.
shasie01  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2010 4:53:22 AM(UTC)
shasie01

I will be taking the computerized test in two weeks, I am very excited as this is my first time getting this far. shasie012010-01-05 13:00:36
nodog  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:32:07 AM(UTC)
nodog

Nephew received word that he passed his computer test today and is waiting word for schedule of an airport interview. Does anyone know how long he should expect to wait for the interview? What is to be expected next?

bmoregirl  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:43:52 AM(UTC)
bmoregirl

After the computer based test, your nephew should get a series of emails. One of those will be to fill out forms 2811 and 2812. Those are for a credit check. He'll have to fill those out and fax or mail them in. Faxing is faster. Following that, he may wait 2-3 weeks. If he passes the credit check, he'll get another email regarding scheduling an airport assessment. Hope this helps.
nodog  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:26:58 AM(UTC)
nodog

Big help, Thanks. It helps to know some kind of a time line and what to expect.
nate81  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:12:48 AM(UTC)
nate81

I'm also in the running for a job as a TSO...I applied in sept of 2009...i took the computer test roughly 2 weeks after they got my app.  They said it would be a week before I get my results....my results were in my email before i even got home from taking the test.  I had to fill out a few extra forms (they emailed me and asked me to) and then faxed those in.  I've been waiting since....I know the candidate dashboard was 'down' for quite a while there...but it just came back up a week or so ago.  Now my status is 'Invited to airport assessment'...i havent recieved this invitation yet...so i've emailed them to see whats up.  Anyways...my point is...i applied in sept, and took the computer test in mid sept. and i'm still waiting for a face to face interview.....

I'd love to hear more about what to expect at this 'airport assessment' if anyone works for them or has been through it...thanks!
tec619  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:18:23 AM(UTC)
tec619

Nate81,

I'm  in the exact situation as you, from the test date to the situation with the dashboard and all.
What city did you apply in? and have you started your E-quip paper work yet?
nate81  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:25:10 PM(UTC)
nate81

tec619,

I replied to your private msg, I bookmarked this forum but rarely check it becuase its kind of a slow conversation here lol so  send me and email and we'll talk :)
suezeekay  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:50:06 PM(UTC)
suezeekay

My daughter-in-law took and passed the computer test.  She failed the physical part where she had to lift and carry 40lbs from point A to Point B in a prescribed amount of time.  I don't know if they still have this part. suezeekay2010-01-31 07:56:37
workingsoon  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:06:48 AM(UTC)
workingsoon

Thank u for the info I was wondering about the timeline
nate81  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 1:19:21 AM(UTC)
nate81

it seems quite a few of us did a google search on the subject and came up with this forum.  its hard to find info about the TSA application process...we should keep each other updated on our situations to help each other out :)
NE1410S  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 5:18:10 AM(UTC)
NE1410S

Here is what I found regarding TSA Assessment Test:
Phase 1 Test is an all computer test - anyone who took the test signs a paper saying they can't talk about the specifics. I agree with the Airport Assessment Test which is the interview process that also includes a medical exam.  I hope this helps anyone regarding the TSA Assessment Test.  Good luck to all.  I'm schedule for next week.
nate81  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 9:46:44 PM(UTC)
nate81

best of luck NE1410S, let us know how it turns out for you!  Which City are you in?
Jrightm  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:15:40 AM(UTC)
Jrightm

New to this whole thing, I got my MinQuals, and Test scores relatively quick. Took me 3 different times to fax my 2811,2812s but they finally recieved them. I also already possess a Secret Clearance under the Department of Defense where i work now. Im hoping thatll speed up the 86 process because there isnt much to look into. I have my applications for Santa Barbara, Panama City and Fort Myers Florida. These being relatively small airports i was hoping the process would go quicker, and when i called they actually said that Santa barbara and Panama City dont have any openings even though USAjobs posted them. So im only in the running for Fort Myers. Im in the process of the credit check now, which will be smooth because they investigate that at my current job every few years. So now im just like....what do i do? I want to get down there and start, but TSA has so far been very unpersonal about the process and HRAccess usually dont have much information if you can get ahold of someone. Do you think they are yanking alot of peoples chains or actually trying to bring in the thousands that applied?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed