Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atldevilz  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 9:37:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

First, here is a little background on me so you guys can understand the situation better. I am a recent college grad who was looking for jobs desperately to no avail 24/7 in my major however I got a job with a restaurant as a manager trainee. I told the restaurant upfront that I have no cooking or restaurant experience and they said we will teach you how to do everything. I was like ok great, I needed to pay my bills so I took up the offer and started working.

From day 2, things started going downhill, in short all other trainees were placed in low volume stores so they learn and get more time to practice however on the contrary I was placed in one of the most busiest stores where it was pretty much all self learning. Anyhow in week 4, I was informed verbally that I dont seem to be happy to be working at the restaurant and I replied that I was more frustrated then unhappy because I hardly get anytime to complete my training manual or do things according to it because the store is crazy busy always.

Anyhow, they said we are giving you one week to show that you really "belong" in the restaurant. They made things extremely difficult for me in that one week, I was doing sh*t that I was not even suppose to for other people, it was like sending an indirect message hey buddy quit or we will make life hell for you. They made me run the store without the actual manager and fortunately everything went pretty good. So at the end of the week, they said you did great and we definitely think you belong here.

But next week, they started to make things impossible, but I still did not give up, I kept my attitude upbeat and did everything as told. Basically again this was all a trap to set me up because if i would have quit voluntarily I would have not gotten any unemployment.

So finally yesterday, my bosses boss came up to me and told me we would not like you to continue with the trainee program and said it was not due to my performance (as he even acknowledged along with several others that it had improved a lot). They said the managers are of a particular "breed" and I am not one of that type. He said I am extremely intelligent, good character yada yaada person and will definitely give me a positive reference if an employer in future asks him about my abilities and stuff but if it would be a restaurant then he will say I do not think he is meant to be in the restaurant business because he really is too smart to be working there. I also asked him what will he put on my papers and he said left by mutual agreement.

And to be honest guys, I had every intention of giving him the notice to resign and I told him that and he said we know and thats why he said we will leave it at "left by mutual agreement."

Btw I am a computer engineer who graduated from one of the most prestigious US universities.

So should I answer yes or no in employment record 13C and if yes which one of the options should I pick.

I am confused as heck because, I do not think the "unsatisfactory performance" option applies to me because my bosses clearly acknowledged my performance was up to the par even when he was telling me this. He said it only because I am not one the "breeds" destined to be a restaurant manager.

There was no misconduct involve so option 3 is out also.

unfavorable circumstances? does not belonging to a breed means unfavorable circumstances???

and yes I was stupid enough to take a restaurant job while having a degree in computer engineering with honors from one of the most prestigious schools in the USA

gtr  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 11:06:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
you put  down the truth. It should not hurt you either way. The investigator will talk to the manager and they will say the same thing, you are intelligent, not a problem, and that it just wasn't for you...it won't be a negative 
atldevilz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:24:50 AM(UTC)

But which code should I put down? number 5??
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:30:57 AM(UTC)

Just tell the truth.  Any real or perceived dishonesty on the SF-86 is a deal breaker.  Just write out exactly what you wrote here in the additional comments area and you shouldn't have a problem.  Based on the options you gave, I would go with unfavorable circumstances.

CarthageBeatRome  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:44:21 PM(UTC)

atldevilz wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, here is a little background on me so you guys can understand the situation better. I am a recent college grad who was looking for jobs desperately to no avail 24/7 in my major however I got a job with a restaurant as a manager trainee. I told the restaurant upfront that I have no cooking or restaurant experience and they said we will teach you how to do everything. I was like ok great, I needed to pay my bills so I took up the offer and started working.

From day 2, things started going downhill, in short all other trainees were placed in low volume stores so they learn and get more time to practice however on the contrary I was placed in one of the most busiest stores where it was pretty much all self learning. Anyhow in week 4, I was informed verbally that I dont seem to be happy to be working at the restaurant and I replied that I was more frustrated then unhappy because I hardly get anytime to complete my training manual or do things according to it because the store is crazy busy always.

Anyhow, they said we are giving you one week to show that you really "belong" in the restaurant. They made things extremely difficult for me in that one week, I was doing sh*t that I was not even suppose to for other people, it was like sending an indirect message hey buddy quit or we will make life hell for you. They made me run the store without the actual manager and fortunately everything went pretty good. So at the end of the week, they said you did great and we definitely think you belong here.

But next week, they started to make things impossible, but I still did not give up, I kept my attitude upbeat and did everything as told. Basically again this was all a trap to set me up because if i would have quit voluntarily I would have not gotten any unemployment.

So finally yesterday, my bosses boss came up to me and told me we would not like you to continue with the trainee program and said it was not due to my performance (as he even acknowledged along with several others that it had improved a lot). They said the managers are of a particular "breed" and I am not one of that type. He said I am extremely intelligent, good character yada yaada person and will definitely give me a positive reference if an employer in future asks him about my abilities and stuff but if it would be a restaurant then he will say I do not think he is meant to be in the restaurant business because he really is too smart to be working there. I also asked him what will he put on my papers and he said left by mutual agreement.

And to be honest guys, I had every intention of giving him the notice to resign and I told him that and he said we know and thats why he said we will leave it at "left by mutual agreement."

Btw I am a computer engineer who graduated from one of the most prestigious US universities.

So should I answer yes or no in employment record 13C and if yes which one of the options should I pick.

I am confused as heck because, I do not think the "unsatisfactory performance" option applies to me because my bosses clearly acknowledged my performance was up to the par even when he was telling me this. He said it only because I am not one the "breeds" destined to be a restaurant manager.

There was no misconduct involve so option 3 is out also.

unfavorable circumstances? does not belonging to a breed means unfavorable circumstances???

and yes I was stupid enough to take a restaurant job while having a degree in computer engineering with honors from one of the most prestigious schools in the USA

I ahve a question for you since you ahve your degree in Computer engineering from a top notch school why were you not able to get a job?
atldevilz  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:23:15 PM(UTC)

I applied with companies such as Microsoft, Intel, P&G, AMD etc...their hiring process is long I am in 2nd and in some companies 3rd stage of the interviewing.

I apologize for forgetting to mention that I just got my degree in Aug 09 and started looking for jobs in Aug hence it has been around 3 months now....

atldevilz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:25:20 PM(UTC)

The companies take just 2-3 weeks to notify a candidate for whether they will continue to pursue their application or not...

I have not given up yet..hopefully I can find not just a job but a career with the feds

NewUser  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:26:51 AM(UTC)

atldevilz - were you able to claim unemployment?
atldevilz  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:53:43 AM(UTC)

No - I had some savings on which I survived and I was lucky I finally got a job now. So all is good down my end :) Thank you for checking :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed