Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tortmegood  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:47:00 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat -- BI ongoing since Oct. 2008.      
dgoolsby  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:28:26 PM(UTC)

CJO for GS7 Intelligence Analyst Feb 08.
Background May-July 08.
Approved for hire Aug 08.
Still waiting.

Received two emails recently about SOS positions and I am being considered for them.

And I'm a finalist for a MAPA position.

They are working on getting all 'Approved for hires' on in some role before processing anyone new. 

tortmegood  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 6:04:20 AM(UTC)

Interesting, thanks.  I'm not sure what "approved for hire" means.   Did you get a letter stating that your adjudication was favorable?   I haven't gotten anything, though I applied for a different position (attorney).   I see that you were "approved" in the same year of your CJO  -- hard to believe that you've been waiting two years just for a start date.  
dgoolsby  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 9:19:29 AM(UTC)

Approved for hire was an email from an HR person.  I have my Top Secret clearance and passed everything - just waiting for a unit to pick me.
tortmegood  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 12:17:05 PM(UTC)

I appreciate your response.  Are there so few analyst slots that there's a wait list to get "picked"?  Seems strange to me. 
dgoolsby  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 12:36:14 PM(UTC)

tortmegood wrote:
I appreciate your response.  Are there so few analyst slots that there's a wait list to get "picked"?  Seems strange to me. 

My understanding is that they approved too many of us for IA spots in FY 2009.  They intended originally to bring all of us on, but it ended up that all needed slots were filled by the end of FY2009 and there were still some of us left over.  However, more IAs will be needed soon and we are still on the list for that as well.  In the meantime, they are trying to get anyone on who is approved for hire in some facet.  Whether that is an open IA spot or another position (MAPA, SOS like me right now - although I'm still holding out hope for an IA opening).  But at this point, I'll take what I am officially offered - I want to get on and start ASAP.
tortmegood  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 11:02:44 PM(UTC)

Best of luck with the IA position. I admire your patience.
To the previous poster whose clearance took 18 months, I didn't realize that the FBI used contracting companies -- surprising.
Gray  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 12:38:25 AM(UTC)

I could be mistaken, but I think the clearances are all done by contract companies.
tortmegood  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 1:26:35 AM(UTC)

I don't think the government can contract out adjudications  (that's an inherently governmental function, no?) -- the investigations, yes.   Maybe I'm wrong.  Any thoughts out there?  
Witchfinder  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 10:08:29 AM(UTC)

Tortmegood,

The FBI does contract for investigations.  My BI had formerly been in Immigration and he told me that the FBI contacted him to conduct the investigations for me and some of my peers in my area.  Another BI went to contact a friend of mine a couple of hours from here and he had formerly been in the ATF.  When talking to a colleague of mine I had been told that he had previously gotten BI's done by former DEA, Border Patrol, and FBI.
tucker515  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 11:25:00 AM(UTC)

The investigations may be done by contractors but the actual adjudiction (i.e. the decision) is done by feds as far as I know.
I am sorry, but I do not have the time to respond to private messages. I will not respond to them.
tortmegood  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:31:17 AM(UTC)

Yeah, I agree.  The feds wouldn't contract out adjudications.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed