Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dubby1115  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:31:15 PM(UTC)
Dubby1115

Groups: Registered

i am a clerk and our office is having their carriers relocated to a different office and so we will loose 3 clerks,  our window will still be there along with the po boxes,.  My question is I tried to hand in my annual leave and they said that there wont be any annual leave honored this next year because of the shortage in our office,  can they do that?
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:41:29 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
NO!
has the union been informed of this?
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
Dubby1115  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 12:01:35 AM(UTC)
Dubby1115

no i havent gone to that as of yet i'm gonna try again today i know our leave slips need to be in by the end of this year.  So i havent turned them in to anyone because they told me they would be denied.
XPM  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 12:37:19 AM(UTC)
XPM

Your local agreement should outline when you submit your A/L and how much you can take. They will have to follow it and can not not deny you A/L.
jaredsmom  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 12:42:56 AM(UTC)
jaredsmom

When you submit your leave make three copies and have the supervisor sign and date the box that states signature of supv. and date notified. Then they should give you a copy back. The other copy should be returned to you in a reasonable amount of time and if it is denied they need to state a reason for the denial, and the other copy is for their records. 

They should not deny on the reason of short staffing. Annual leave is one of the considerations used when staffing. They should not be excessing clerks and denying annual leave because they excessed too many clerks

Not sure if you are a PTF but in that case you should be working 40 hours a week if they are denying you annual leave
postalwiz  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 1:19:36 AM(UTC)
postalwiz

There are procedures and one of them is to have an A.L. sign up sheet to pass around by seniority; and your office will have to follow the contract and the list should be posted once completed. 
Postal4vr  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 4:05:21 AM(UTC)
Postal4vr

Submit your 3971'(s) for (keep a copy for your record) "vacation selection" in accordance with your local and national agreements. If/when your supervisor disapproves the leave request he/she has to document the reason on the 3971. The 3971'(s) must be returned within 72 hours approved or disapproved. If not returned in specified timeframe, the requested leave must be granted. 

If disapproved, then you file your grievance for violation of local and national agreements pertaining to Vacation Selection. You'll get your vacation, it cannot be denied.  
Postal4vr2009-12-18 12:16:06
"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart." <br /> <br /> <br />~~Benjamin Franklin~~
Rss Feed  Atom Feed