Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trident00  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2010 1:43:46 AM(UTC)
trident00

Groups: Registered

This information probably has already been posted, but considering how seemingly secretive the whole SA process is and how difficult it is to get any information regarding your SA, I thought that I would post this link  http://owcp.dol.acs-inc.com/portal/main.do  Once there, if you click on where it says "Claimant" in the upper left hand corner (next to FECA), it takes you to the next screen where you will hit the "accept" button. On the following screen, type in your claim #, birthday, and date of injury and click on the submit button. On the next screen you can check on the status of resolved bills and bills in process. On the left hand side of this screen are the letters "CQS". Click on that and enter your claim #. You are now looking at a screen that shows your reported condition, accepted condition, current status, etc. Also, on the bottom of the screen are links for compensation tracking and payments made. I found this website to be helpful and it at least gave me some info regarding the status of my schedule award - hope it helps you too!
leftylouie  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2010 11:06:32 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

It is extremely helpful - you follow the submission of your forms for compensation and you can see if management is holding them back and not submitting them timely.   There is a lag period of items to show up on the website - normal time for OWCP to record anything they recieve is 3 days - but with them, well.... anyway it gives you a heads up if there is a problem and you can call them insted of waiting for the letters they are so famous for.
Great information to share trident00 - keep up the good work Winkleftylouie2010-02-05 19:13:00
Just want to be free....
Grandma03  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 3:29:50 AM(UTC)
Grandma03

I have been going to that website also to check on my schedule award.   When it first showed up on there, it said "undecided"...    I looked again yesterday, and now it says "developed"...    Does anyone know what that means?
leftylouie  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:37:36 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Developed, I think, is that they have documentation, if it is enough-I am not sure, but that you are in the running, so to speak.  OWCP would pay monthly, therefore the developed status may identify it is there waiting for the certification to pay it on the beginning of the month.  Again - I may not be correct....but hopeful :)
Just want to be free....
trident00  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:34:04 AM(UTC)
trident00

Just an update from my original post - after saying that my claim was "under review" or some similar wording, it then changed to "waiting certification" and then to "certified", which is apparently the final stamp of approval. I received what was termed a "supplemental payment" about a week later in the form of a check, and then the remaining total awarded I will be receiving direct deposit every four weeks for the next (13) months. Start to finish for me took about (7) months after submission of my rating physical paperwork to OWCP. 
Grandma03  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:46:01 AM(UTC)
Grandma03

trident00, did OWCP just accept your doctor's rating, or did they have you go to a second opinion doctor?   If they didn't, did they accept the percentage that your doctor stated?   It seems like if they didn't have you go to another doctor, and they accepted your doctor's rating, that 7 months is kind of a long time for them to finally have the case finished and start paying you...
cobia  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
cobia

Great info trident00. I just checked mine out and it said "developed" You have been more help then HRO, opm etc... Thanks for that web site.

Grandma03  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:02:37 AM(UTC)
Grandma03

cobia, mine also says "developed"....  whatever that means...    how long ago did you submit your paperwork to them?
cobia  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:36:11 PM(UTC)
cobia

Grandma: Mid November.
cobia  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:49:46 PM(UTC)
cobia

Just to add something to my post above. Yesterday when I checked on my scheduled award status it sateted "developed". This morning it says "accepted" . Can anyone tell me what stage of the process I am in? Thanks .....
trident00  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:59:50 PM(UTC)
trident00

I was told by my command OWCP rep that that basically means the paperwork that was submitted by you is verified to be complete and they (OWCP) can now continue with the review and ultimate decision.
Grandma03  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:15:16 PM(UTC)
Grandma03

Cobia, to me that sounds like they have accepted your rating that you gave them from your doctor....    Did they have you go to a second opinion doctor?    Who was your doctor?   It sounds to me like this would be getting to the end stages for you...
trident00  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:55:10 PM(UTC)
trident00

After being "accepted", it stills needs to go to the DMA for review and hopefully final approval and certification. Will probably take a few more weeks at least I would think (based on how mine went)
trident00  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:15:46 AM(UTC)
trident00

OWCP did accept my original rating physical and did not dispute the rating percentages. When I started the whole process, my local OWCP rep said that the average is 4-6 months, and if I hadn't heard a final determination after 6 months to notify her and she would inquire with the claims examiner. Once she did that, it took about another month.
leftylouie  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:31:15 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

I was told payment that is certified, is waiting to be released on the cycle date.  They Certify payments by Wednesday to be released the following week on Friday.  This site wasn't around when I got my scheduled award 7 years ago.  That I knew of anyway...  You guys are all in good shape from the sound of it and if you see any negative word, or change in the decision code - call right away and ask for an explaination.  If you wait for OWCP it could be weeks before you get the dear john letter.
Just want to be free....
cobia  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:32:30 AM(UTC)
cobia

Thank all of you for your input. I have learned more in the last two days in this forum then I have since I first heard about a schedule award. Its like getting iformation from the CIA. The powers that be do not give you any information whatsoever. I learned about  injury compensation (schedule award) by accident.
By the way folks. I retired October 31st and its great but...yes there is a but. I have yet to receive a full annuity check. I called OPM and they said it was due to the "volume" of people that have retired. I say they have the numbers and to crunch them and give me what I earned. Some guy was standing behind me in the grocery store today and overheard me relaying this info to a friend if mine. He said he worked for the GAO (government accounting office) and the bureau he works for deals with and tries to fix problems like this. He took my phone # and gave me his name. I am tired if dipping into my savings to pay my bills. I post this because I want all to be aware of this possibility if you are contemplating retirement. Thanks again to all of you and I will be checking this page often. Good luck to all that are waiting for people unkown to us to either give us a thumbs up or thumbs down. The retirement and the compensation systems need to be adjusted. Nothing is easy when one is dealing with the government!!!
cobia2010-02-25 17:49:34
cobia  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:39:02 AM(UTC)
cobia

One doctor as of this date grandma. No offense but I do not want to give his name out in this forum. He is an honest, legit, orthopedic surgeon and I would not post his name unless I obtained his permission. Please do not take this reply the wrong way. I am not trying to sound snide or rude or trying to hide anything. Just being courteous to the doctor. cobia2010-02-25 17:50:35
Lefty33  
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:39:11 AM(UTC)
Lefty33

I was just wondering ...did they give you a choice on the award payment of lump sum or paid over time? Are you on Disability Retirement? OWCP?
I heard if you go on D.R. that you can request the award be paid in lump sum...is this true?
cobia  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 3:07:05 AM(UTC)
cobia

Lefty: They told me when and if my S A was approved it would be in a lump sum tax free. I went out on regular retirement with 37 years of service. I could not do that type of job any longer. It was too physically demanding and I dreaded going in hurting all the time. I do not know about D R, sorry.
trident00  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:47:44 PM(UTC)
trident00

One thing to remember is that if you decide to opt for a lump sum payment is that OWCP will "charge" you 4% of the total amount to by paid.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed