Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FedLook  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:38:18 AM(UTC)
FedLook

Groups: Registered

I can't find this information anywhere.  Does anyone know?  I'm taking a guess here.  Could it be:

DR-02     Bachelor's Degree
DR-03     Master's Degree
DR-04     Ph.D.

And then up the various numbers of steps based on years of experience?

Thanks!
bmj2  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:44:39 AM(UTC)
bmj2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What field?  In general, higher grades may have higher technical qualifications, but often are more managerial.   The grade of the job is based on the work involved, not the degree of the incumbent, though you have to have the degree (for positive education positions) to get the job.  Basically means you can have a PhD at a lower level, yet also have more years experience, than the supervisor.
FedLook  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:51:24 AM(UTC)
FedLook

It's for a Professional Engineer.
MikeJ  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:41:50 AM(UTC)
MikeJ

If you find out, let me know. I tried to find an answer, but could not find any info on a DR series. Good luck.

That said, DR-01 would be entry level, so only a bachelor's degree would be needed. DR-02 would be bachelor's plus experience.

I am guessing they are similar to the YD series.MikeJ2010-02-16 09:55:04
Lew  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:48:02 AM(UTC)
Lew

Doesn't really matter since those grades will revert to GS shortly.  NSPS has been repealed.
bmj2  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:13:21 AM(UTC)
bmj2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Check the announcement.  It will probably say something like a minimum of a bachelors in the appropriate field, registration as a PE (if it is for a PE position), and one year experience comparable to the lower grade.  Some also list specific classes.  Those would be the minimum quals.
wamsheb  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:43:03 PM(UTC)
wamsheb

So does anyone have any update on what the education/experience level is for a DR-0X job is?
kijoshua  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 5:22:23 AM(UTC)
kijoshua

I, too, looked everywhere online and could find nothing useful.  But just a few minutes ago I called one of the contact numbers listed for WPAFB and was able to speak with a very helpful person familiar with the DR system.  Here is what I learned:

DR system, being for research positions, matches more with the high end of the GS system.  The levels are less ridged and generally broader than similar GS levels.

Very rough conversions:

DR-01 ~ GS 11/12 <----  entry level. 
DR-02 ~ GS 13      <----  recent grad without experience might get in, but it is a stretch.
DR-03 ~ GS 14
DR-04 ~ GS 15      <----  10+ years of experience is normal here.

However, the salary range given for DR-02 positions I've found seems more like a entry level with Masters degree... so I think the above conversions must be off? 

kijoshua2010-06-18 13:36:07
Rss Feed  Atom Feed