Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimbodamit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:50:39 AM(UTC)
jimbodamit

Groups: Registered

I have applied to Mobile Al., Jackson Ms. Vacancy Announcements back in April, May 09. In July I took the CBT, passed it, recieved a Contingent Offer for the Mobile Al. Vacancy Announcement. At that time I declined the Mobile contingent offer because of working Security in Afghanistan. My Candidate Dashboard did show the process stopped for the Mobile Vacancy (RED X). The Jackson Vacancy continued to show in process thru Dec. 09. Then on Jan. 6 2010 I applied for a  Gulfport Ms. Vacancy Announcement. When I logged on to my Candidate Dashboard on the 7th of Jan. I was surprised to see that all 3 Vacancy positions were stopped at the Contingent Offer position (RED X). I have called the HR Access help desk to inquire about why the Jackcon and Gulfport Vacancies have been stopped. My question to anyone out there is! Isn't the contingent Offer  offered specifically for a certain Airport Vacancy? The email that I still have is for the contingent Offer is for the Mobile Vacancy. There is a paragraph that states " If you decide to decline this contingent offer of employment, we would appreciate feedback regardingyour decision. Please call blah! blah! or write blah! blah! Please be advised thai if you decline this offer, we cannot guarantee that it will be available in the future". now the way that I comprehend this is that this contingent offer is for the Mobile Vacancy as the email shows. Or does this mean that I screwed myself by not  comperhending it correctly? TSA HR Access Help desk is confused as well! any comments  or experiences with this would be greatly appreciatd. Cry    
WaitingGame  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:46:40 AM(UTC)
WaitingGame

When I applied to TSA it was to two different airports that had vacancy announcements at the same time.

I noticed when I received the contingent offer that I accepted it for one of the airports.  I think the blue dot or green check mark showed up right away in the dashboard, and I was not able to go to the airport selector box to then accept the same offer for the other airport.

It seems to me you can only accept one contingent offer and then you would be processed for that airport only. I could be wrong.  I'm surprised that the help desk is confused about this.  I would ask nicely to speak to a supervisor or just ask if there is someone else that can definitively help you out.

tropikalrain  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:16:43 PM(UTC)
tropikalrain

I'm in Phoenix, AZ and there was a huge hiring event where we had CBTs and I passed.  They told me that I would be having a credit check and getting a call this week for an airport assessment but so far nothing yet :/.   I'm thinking of calling the help desk. But I was just wondering, generally, is that the only way we can contact HR or is there generally a local department that we can contact?  It's making me nervous, not having anyone to contact and all. I know you are all in different areas but i would like you have your input on this.  Thanks so much!
Catch84  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 1:07:11 AM(UTC)
Catch84

I did my credit check and waited a month before the AA call.  You should be getting an e-mail about the 2 forms for the credit check anytime now.  As far as calling, my average wait time is about 35 to 45 mins.  
tropikalrain  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 3:02:01 AM(UTC)
tropikalrain

Catch84 wrote:
I did my credit check and waited a month before the AA call.  You should be getting an e-mail about the 2 forms for the credit check anytime now.  As far as calling, my average wait time is about 35 to 45 mins.  

Thanks for your info!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed