Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Florida  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 7:58:52 AM(UTC)
Florida

Groups: Registered

I have applied for a couple of federal jobs.  Previously, I received a numerical NOR rating.  This last notification gave a rating of "EL" which I understand is indicating you are eligible for the postition.  Anyone have additional information on this rating verses the numerical NOR rating?
m2talk  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 8:15:45 AM(UTC)
m2talk

You are correct on the meaning of being found eligible for the position.  Not all agencies give out a numerical score with their notice but just state you are eligible.  This is a good sign.  The next step would be if they refer you to the selecting official.  This may or may not happen and you may or may not get notified when it does.  At times you are referred and then get a call for an interview before even knowing you are eligible or have been referred.
It will be just a matter of waiting to see what happens next.  Good Luck
tc778302  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 10:53:35 AM(UTC)
tc778302

I have received EL on a number of apps. (15-20) and have not heard anything one way or another on any. 
On a side note, I have been applying for about 4mos with a number of referrals and eligibles without any followup email or call.  Should I just suspect that I was dropped from consideration or is 4 mos not enough time to conclude?
Thanks

Zephyrus  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 8:18:37 PM(UTC)
Zephyrus

Tough to say without knowing more details but based on stats often posted here, the number of apps and "time served" in fed application purgatory are on the low side.  For what its worth, I am a non fed and it has taken me 10 months, over 80 apps (I stopped counting at 80) and diligently reading this forum every day to finally have a resume and KSA writing skills that have begun to work.
Pipemajor  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:29:52 AM(UTC)
Pipemajor

My NOR also returned a score of EL for the GS-9 and GS-11 levels.  To my surprise, I did get a call (the phone interview) then an outright offer just a week later and started in the position the week after the offer.  All my paperwork was started after I started in the position.  Barely 4 weeks after submitting my application I was a new federal employee.

Here's my complete time line:

09/1 to 09/4 - vacancy announcement period
09/14 - NOR received
09/18 - completed phone interview
09/23 - offer tendered
09/28 - started @ GS-9 level

In case you're wondering - agency was VBA and I did get a 5pt vet preference.

canardian  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:20:42 AM(UTC)
canardian

Pipemajor - can you comment about the phone interview? Was is scheduled via email?? Was it a single person or a group of people on the interview?? What were the topics covered - job summary verification? - qualification verification? - questionnaire response verification? And was any feedback given? were you told an offer was possible or probable?

And was the offer tendered via mail of via phone notification??
beckrules  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 02, 2010 11:56:12 PM(UTC)
beckrules

Thats amazing! Congrats!
FederalGS  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:43:28 AM(UTC)
FederalGS

If you receive a NOR with the code - EL > call the agency and ask for your Score <

Merit - 105
Public - 100
*New* Federal Employee
jkids210  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:41:03 AM(UTC)
jkids210

If you receive a EL on your NOR, what will your rating usually be? 100? 90? 80?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~ <br />Thomas A. Edison
hsidder  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:32:35 AM(UTC)
hsidder

I applied for an announcement that closed last monday and had my NOR of EL that Wednesday.  I called this past Monday and at that point, they had yet to determine who was being sent over to the hiring official.

I was going to call back every two days to see where I stand.

My time-line for GS-2210-12: <br /> <br />Position closed 10/18 <br />"EL" NOR received 10/20
SAMANTHAJO  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:03:34 AM(UTC)
SAMANTHAJO

I got a rating of "EL" but it also says  "grade 00". what does that mean?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed