Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
k8r  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 01, 2010 1:26:22 AM(UTC)
k8r

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to knows how long it takes for the FBI Finger Print check part of the background check to be completed..is it 2-3-4-5 weeks..etc??? anyone with any experience about how long on average this part takes??
Tacgnol  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 01, 2010 3:31:48 AM(UTC)
Tacgnol

Couldn't be too long.  Get fingerprints ---> scan ---> submit to electronic database ---> run search.  A week, maybe two.  Depends on queue time for the search.  Just my guess.
blueRoo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 07, 2010 3:41:10 PM(UTC)
blueRoo

3 months after mailing off my prints I got back a letter saying my prints were "unclassifiable" and I had to have them done again.  I thought my prints were done beautifully the first time!  There wasn't a reason stated for this need to do them over again, just a new set of cards and instructions for me to go get them done over again.  I haven't heard anything since I sent off the second set of prints.
Disclaimer: I've been told that I give POUNDS of bad advice about apparently everything, thus -- Take anything I say here with a pound of salt and ask someone else instead.
HRAnalyst  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 08, 2010 4:03:31 AM(UTC)
HRAnalyst

At one agency, fingerprints were done on site at their headquarters.  My prints were electronically scanned and while I was wiping my fingertips with a tissue at the end, the check had already come back.  She even told me the results.  "They look good!"

At another agency, I was mailed the fingerprint cards and had to make my own arrangements to have them done.  At my own time and expense, mind you.  I received the package on Saturday and was instructed to have everything back to them by that Wednesday.  Talk about time crunch.  By the way, I have no idea how long the results came back for this agency.  I didn't follow up.
mallen  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:40:52 PM(UTC)
mallen

I was hired a month after another person. I was finger printed my first week,the other person was finger printed their first week and we both filled out sf85 on our first days here. The document saying their check had completed was placed in their personel file 2 months after they started. Mine was placed in my file a couple of weeks ago,six months after I started. Acording to the document,it was adjudicated in mid november,and then aperantly sat on someones desk for over three months.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed