Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dnmaz94  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 05, 2010 3:37:46 AM(UTC)
dnmaz94

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I received an offer of employment (with compensation offer) from the NSA last June.  I took the language test, did the psychological test, completed the interview, turned in the clearance paperwork, and passed the poly.  Now since August I've been waiting.....  Any idea how long this is supposed to take?  Are there any recent NSA employees out there who might be able to share how long they waited before finally being called to start?

Thanks to all!
Ruanne  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 05, 2010 7:17:43 AM(UTC)
Ruanne

You clearance is what is slowing you down, most likely. TS/SCI can take a year to finish. They have supposedly sped up the process considerably! But it still might be a while.
Ruanne2010-03-05 15:23:12
Linguist  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:46:01 AM(UTC)
Linguist

Views messages in topic : 43

I did the same in December, after the interview, sent in my SF forms second week of Dec, they said I will be contacted for a poly soon but havent heard anything. how long did it take you to start if you have already?

musings  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:20:30 AM(UTC)
musings

Linguist wrote:

I did the same in December, after the interview, sent in my SF forms second week of Dec, they said I will be contacted for a poly soon but havent heard anything. how long did it take you to start if you have already?

I'm curious, how long did it take to get contacted for an interview after you applied?
Thanks!
Linguist  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:55:19 AM(UTC)
Linguist

about six months.
aplcr0331  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:33:35 PM(UTC)
aplcr0331

Ruanne wrote:
You clearance is what is slowing you down, most likely. TS/SCI can take a year to finish. They have supposedly sped up the process considerably! But it still might be a while.

My TS/SCI was adjudicated in 6 months and that was for a military position, so I assume those are lower priority than NSA would be so maybe yours may be completed quicker? Who really can tell with this stuff.
And only in America do we want the system to force us to do the right thing so we can take the credit.
Rocky Run  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:04:59 AM(UTC)
Rocky Run

The adjudication process for NSA military vice civilian positions are different.  Military members do not have to undergo the Lifestyle Full Scope Poly that the civilians have to pass.  That's the big difference and accounts for the longer process required of civilians.  Many who try to transition from military to civilian status at NSA find they can't get their clearance back because they can't pass the civilian Full Scope Poly.
Linguist  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:58:48 AM(UTC)
Linguist

I have never taken the full scope poly. is it that hard to pass? I am no military but will be going thru the full scop Poly I am assuming.

Rocky Run  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:05:01 AM(UTC)
Rocky Run

Full scope poly is the toughest and most intrusive of them all.  It's called a lifestyle poly because they will go into all details of your personal life to include sexual, drug, and personal history.  I know plenty of people who have passed other polys who cannot pass the lifestyle.
Linguist  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:24:44 AM(UTC)
Linguist

Does NSA require Full Scope Poly or just Poly. I was told after the interivew when i Turn my SF forms they will contact me for a poly.
Rocky Run  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:29:21 AM(UTC)
Rocky Run

NSA, like CIA, requires the Full Scope Poly for its civilian and contractor employees.  It's an order of magnitude more onerous and intrusive than the CI Poly.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed