Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Retirees

For those approaching retirement as well as the currently already retired, here is a forum to share ideas and thoughts and exchange questions and answers.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

To maximize your retirement, we also suggest you read "Retired Federal Employees Almanac".

(Reminder: soliciting of services is not allowed on this site.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daddygo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:35:01 AM(UTC)
daddygo

Groups: Registered

My wife just turned 56 this month, so she called opm retirement to find out what her supplemental payment would be. She was informed that they dont even start figuring the amount until April and if She might get a check in may. She might get the get the check for April or might not? The person at OPM was not very nice.  Has any body else ran in to that delay getting their supplemental retirement check?
saturneptune  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:54:01 PM(UTC)
saturneptune

daddygo wrote:
My wife just turned 56 this month, so she called opm retirement to find out what her supplemental payment would be. She was informed that they dont even start figuring the amount until April and if She might get a check in may. She might get the get the check for April or might not? The person at OPM was not very nice.  Has any body else ran in to that delay getting their supplemental retirement check?
Not sure what you are talking about.  Are you referring to the Social Security Supplement as part of FERS?
Hobson  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 2:13:25 AM(UTC)
Hobson

saturneptune  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 6:34:46 PM(UTC)
saturneptune

Bigduffus  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:15:55 AM(UTC)
Bigduffus

Computation of FERS suppl. The years are rounded. 6 months + 1 day will round up to a full year.Is not a calender year. So if a person started 4/16/84 and retired 10/31/09 he would receive credit for 26 years. These were my years in the PO. My Fers suppl was finalized to $924 a month. Was almost exactly what the formula showed. Hope this clears the fog a little.
Waldo Shaughnasty
daddygo  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 3:06:51 PM(UTC)
daddygo

saturneptune wrote:
daddygo wrote:
Not sure what you are talking about.  Are you referring to the Social Security Supplement as part of FERS?
yes that was what I was talking about
Rss Feed  Atom Feed