Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dntj1970  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:11:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'm an Immigration Officer with DHS, before I was sent to training I was injured, I receive WC, I was issued my ID card, but not my badge, is there a rule/law that allows DHS to hold back my badge until training is completed?  There is another officer that received his badge before attending the training, but when I asked for it, it was denied until I complete the training.

CASDGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 12:28:33 AM(UTC)

Are you with CIS or ICE?
dntj1970  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 12:31:41 AM(UTC)

I'm with CIS.
CASDGuy  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 12:51:18 AM(UTC)

You should talk to your union since they would know more and would also know about the other person that got their badge before training.
dntj1970  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 1:36:09 AM(UTC)

Already did that?
DHSguy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:32:38 PM(UTC)

does your id say officer in training? in my class we had people with badges and temp id's. depends on location
Marilyn  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 12:48:10 AM(UTC)
winternitebreeze

Are you FDNS or ISO?  This would make a big difference in a response.  If you are USICS- FDNS, then you actually need the badge in the field.  (I'm a former Deputy US Marshal and NEEDED the badge (left when I started a family).  I have been an immigration officer with CIS and legacy USINS and about to retire so, please understand that I appreciate the "want" or the "need"  part).  If you are not working in the field, do not get hung up on the piece of metal. You will not be showing to anyone except your family.  Our union pres informed us recently that due to officers displaying the badge at interviews may will cause USCIS to do away with the badge altogether.  Be sure that you complete your probationary period, be a dependable hard worker, and you will be promoted thru the ranks with or without the badge. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed