Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
btr12000  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 8:00:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I went on a interview assessment for  a part time postion with the TSA as a TSO. I was wondering what are the chances of it becoming full time in the near future ? Has anyone out there had there part time job go to full time ? thanks
JJJJust  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 8:19:09 AM(UTC)

Once you have time on the job and gain seniority, there usually is the potential to go full time, when slots for it open up, if your airport has them.

You also, after 6 months of service, have the opportunity to apply for Lead Transportation Security Officer when a vacancy is available. These are usually full time positions
Steve  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:33:26 AM(UTC)
shloyme

what did he  interview assessment  consist of? thanks
Thanks, <br />Steve
Steve  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 7:57:38 AM(UTC)
shloyme

I am waiting for the call for my interview. About how long did you wait after your credit ck was done to get the call. Also can you tell me about the interview on what to expect. Thanks
Thanks, <br />Steve
Donald11  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 8:56:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just applied to this position for Newark.  I actually don't mind that the position is PT since I am in school. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed