Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meechi53  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:51:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

New to the boards..

I am not a TSA employee but I have applied to the new Inspector jobs for Aviation and Cargo, there were 2 positions and I chose about 15 locations.  I keep hearing everyone talk about a job dashboard but I have not seen this on any website nor have recieved any info about it.  I only have an application status page.   It would be helpful to know more info about my application status.  I faxed today the credit check documents.  I guess there is no way to upload them, as the forms used online don't permit you to fill them in.

Over the past 6 months I've applied for probably 10 different TSA inspector/assistant director positions that were open to the public.  One of them I recieved an email stating that my qualifications were sent to the hiring officer, but that was about 4 months ago.

I currently am a lower level manager with a major airline, and I have a lot of experience in the security side of things at my company now,  I heard that TSA hires alot of people away from the airlines.
Can someone give me some info on how to get a "dashboard"
JJJJust  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:02:51 AM(UTC)

"meechi53 wrote:
I guess there is no way to upload them, as the forms used online don't permit you to fill them in.
Print them, fill out and sign, then scan, save as a PDF or JPG and you could then upload.

The TSA Candidate Dashboard is at http://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov/candidatedashboard/ if you call the TSA HR Access Helpdesk at 877-872-7990 they can give you access.

JJJJust2010-04-10 10:14:08
meechi53  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:30:07 AM(UTC)

Thanks!

I just tried calling and it's funny, they advise you to go to the dashboard, but then if you don't have a dashboard the wait is 20 minutes or more.  I used the link to send an email, will they reply?
JJJJust  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:00:09 AM(UTC)

They'll reply, but it may be a few days.
meechi53  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:29:48 AM(UTC)

I finally got through..and they got me set up.  The lady I talked to thought it was so weird that I never recieved a sign up info.
Wilson McBride  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:42:15 AM(UTC)
wmcbridejr

This whole process is too long. I have been at the assessment step forever. You try to call the HelpDesk and you never get anyone. They have you on treminal hold. I submitted my E-86 forms over a week ago and still no change on my dashboard.
Wilson McBride  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:44:33 AM(UTC)
wmcbridejr

Most background checks I have had done take less than 5 days. It was easier for me to enlist into the military than this.

wmcbridejr wrote:
This whole process is too long. I have been at the assessment step forever. You try to call the HelpDesk and you never get anyone. They have you on treminal hold. I submitted my E-86 forms over a week ago and still no change on my dashboard.
Wilson McBride  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:48:19 AM(UTC)
wmcbridejr

On the dashboard they give you 2 contact email address's one is for correspondence. That email they never respond back to you. The helpdesk email takes them forever to get back to you.
Rhonda  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:45:03 AM(UTC)
Rhonnie

meechi53 wrote:
I finally got through..and they got me set up.  The lady I talked to thought it was so weird that I never recieved a sign up info.
Same thing happened to my coworker.
The guy she spoke to found it odd that she never got the dashboard e-mail.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed