Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
careerseeking  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:33:33 AM(UTC)
careerseeking

Groups: Registered

I have been a federal employee for about a month now and after looking over some if not most of the jobs i have decided on becoming a management and program analyst.  After talking to my trainer and others who have helped me, our current manager doesnt give us an clp.   One coworker has been there a year and a half and still hasnt gotten a clp yet after asking every month, is there a certain length of time before we can get a  clp and what do you do if the manager doesnt give you one, from what im hearing the manager is the only one to give  you a clp.  This is probably a 1-3 year goal of becoming an analyst and i would like to get started on it so i can start taking classes on elms system.  please advise any adivse would be appreciated. 
spence  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:41:06 PM(UTC)
spence

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Ask your manager about it.  Because they haven't done a CLP with anyone else doesn't mean they aren't willing to.  It's one of the manager's responsibilities.  My understanding is a lot of a CLP is self-directed though, and the manager talks it over with you.

FLRPER  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:53:52 AM(UTC)
FLRPER

Rss Feed  Atom Feed