Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sri_string  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:02:43 AM(UTC)
sri_string

Groups: Registered

Guys,

Last week I was granted my interim secret clearance by DSS and today I got an alert from the credit bureau saying an credit inquiry was made by the USOPM today. Is it common for OPM to do a credit check for the clearance process, please advise on this.

Thanks.

GovWorks10  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:11:56 AM(UTC)
GovWorks10

Yes, it's part of NACLC.
sri_string  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:54:26 PM(UTC)
sri_string

Thanks a lot for your info.
contractor  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 12:13:00 AM(UTC)
contractor

Yes, OPM does not rely strictly on what people report on their SF-86 regarding their financial issues.
jkids210  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 6:41:19 AM(UTC)
jkids210

I was granted a Secret Security Clearance in Mar 2010. I have credit monitoring and today received an alert that OPM pulled my credit report again. Does OPM randomly pull credit reports? My credit score is 679, its not the best but not bad either. I'm curious why they would pull my credit report again. Any opinions is appreciated.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~ <br />Thomas A. Edison
sri_string  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:19:13 AM(UTC)
sri_string

Hi,

Actually, I don't know but for me I recevied two alerts in last few days ( after the interim clearance was granted ). Based on the info in this site, I thought they would pull the report once, but I was surprised to see the alerts from the credit agency twice that OPM requested my credit report.

Thanks.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed