Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Woods  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2010 8:49:30 AM(UTC)
airmanlady

Groups: Registered

I am hoping for some guidance.  I am a new government employee, and I have heard that on my year anniversary that I will get a step increase.  My question is: since my position has converted to a DCIPs position, do I get any kind of raise or incentive on my year anniversary or did all of that go to the wayside with the implementation of DCIPs?

Please advise,

frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2010 9:21:14 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1036 time(s) in 822 post(s)
airmanlady...I too am DCIPS.  Read all about it at http://dcips.dtic.mil/

If you are rated to have met your objectives (get rated a "3" or better) you will get the national raise that all feds get.  If you exceed your objectives, you can get a bonus, a pay raise or a combination of both.  The pay raises can exceed the step increases as those only happen yearly up to step 3 (or 4?...GS folks step in on this part please), they then become 2 years apart for the next few, then 3 years apart.  The pay raises under DCIPS can occur every year with a good appraisal.  The trick is for you to show how you earned a higher than just successful (3) rating. 

Bottom line...no more step increases under DCIPS, but there is opportunity to get better than those every year.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Woods  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 11:24:59 PM(UTC)
airmanlady

Thank you for that explanation.  I am new and was not around for the prior GS "automatic raises".  So, for sure, I will get whatever the automatic increase is for all gov't employees (as long as I get at least a 3) and adjustment to locality pay.  On top of that, if my performance is greater than 3, I can get a raise and/or bonus. I dont want to piss ayone off, but why don't people  like this?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed