Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nick_s2788  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:25:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

The financial part of the background check, more specifically  the "currently over 90 days delinquent". I checked off no, but when I looked at my credit report apparently I am 90 days delinquent. The thing is, at the time when I submitted my forms I wasn't. It got reported a few days ago on my credit report. Any advice?

Thanks

nick_s27882010-06-24 13:30:41
mrbsf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:08:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you were not 90 days delinquent at the time you filled out the e86 you answered correctly.  The TSA Office of Personnel Security will probably send you a "Letter of Interrogatory" seeking additional information about the 90+ day delinquent debt from the more recent credit report.  By the time you receive that letter you will want to have dealt with this debt (i.e. become current, enter into a repayment agreement or discharge the debt via BK).  The will ask for verification of one of the above remedies and you will provide such.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed