Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leftylouie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 06, 2010 2:44:47 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Groups: Registered

Class Action Law Suit notification letter arrived in the mail today - Postal Service is not getting away with the plan to screw the injured.

As usual, they will pay out money again for their great ideas.  They need to keep getting the higher ups out of the organization who sign off on these programs and the service would be back in a good financial state.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap
Just want to be free....
butterfly1241  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:11:48 PM(UTC)
butterfly1241

Lefty, Can you tell me what the class action notice says? Im in the West Coast and we havent seen any of these letters yet in our Branch. I was told by the Administrative Judge there was a list of approximately 100, 000 NRPd employees that had to be compiled by the USPS. She gave them an extension until July 31, 2010. I have left a message for the law offices in NY but havent gotten a response.
jesse slade  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 06, 2010 3:23:12 PM(UTC)
jesse slade

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Butterfly: I'm on the west coast and I got one even though I haven't been part of NRP yet.

It's a basic class action notification; what the class is about, who brought it about, the issues, your legal rights, opting out, settlement...

leftylouie  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:29:56 PM(UTC)
leftylouie

Just like Jesse stated : the notification is to let you know you are included, I received an award in the last class action for injured employees which was about $13,000.00.  All I had to do was sign for it.  Small price to pay for being injured and subject to the abuse - but every little bit helps :)
Just want to be free....
butterfly1241  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:39:24 PM(UTC)
butterfly1241

Thank you both for the information. I got a hold of one today and I went to the website www.NRPClassAction.com set up by the attorneys which answers most of the questions. I also left messages for the attorneys to contact me. I'll update when or if I hear back.
Pivotman  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:15:04 PM(UTC)
Pivotman

Don't get your hopes up on this NRP ltr. folks.
By the time the courts and the atty's. deal with it we may have enough left to buy a cup of coffee.
leftylouie  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 6:41:50 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

It is not getting hopes up for nothing - it is that it is being adknowledged as discrimination period. It is satisfaction in itself that the postal service is being told they are caught at their sneeky games and it is against the law and the postal service is not above the law just because they are a federal agency.  It is reinforcing that people who have injuries are not peices of crap like they try to make us out to be and most of us did work that the management was responsible for and were too lazy to do because they were too busy eating or flirting or throwing their weight around and when the program was implememnted, they acted like puppets yesing the district to death instead of trying to find us work that we could continue to do within our restrictions.  There is nothing here except us knowing we are part of the workforce and wanted to continue to be part of it.
Just want to be free....
RAPUNZEL  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 09, 2010 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
RAPUNZEL

I have a question, how and why are people who have not been "walked off' by the NRP process getting letters??? do this mean they are doomed to have NRP happen...? they must be on some list?? we have 1 person here that is a recepient of letter yet still working...they came to me with questions?? anybody have any idea.............??
NECArrier  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 09, 2010 7:53:35 PM(UTC)
NECArrier

I got one too, but I think it is because I am recieving payments from OWCP altho I am expected to recover fully and return to duty.
leftylouie  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:33:21 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

you are a class member if you have an approved OWCP case from an on the job injury and were either in a rehabilitation position or a modified job offer.  It does not matter if you are still working or walked out with no work available.  It is employess effected from I think it was May 2006 until present.
leftylouie2010-07-10 08:43:10
Just want to be free....
shafrebox  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:04:37 AM(UTC)
shafrebox

About NRP letter: I was injured early part of 2006, i did get a letter...I was on light duty for a bit....but i don't recall if i was ever sent home. does this opt me out if i wasn't sent home?Confused
leftylouie  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:03:03 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Again - it is not being walk off or out : it is if you received a new modified job offer and or if you were sent home no work available.  Most everyone affected had been doing modified duties in which after 1 day or 100 years of performing these duties within your restriction suddenly became "unnecessary" work.  Therefore district revamped your job offer supposidly giving you duties back in your craft job that were in your restrictions.  Then they either worked you in the eight hour job or sent you home saying they had work for you for 6, 7, 1 whatever hours a day.  You are a class memeber if you were affected in any way - even if they had the meeting with you and didn't change your job, if you were required to get updated medical, anything that involved you being you sustained an on the job injury and district "looked at or reviewed" your case.  Pretty much, I could be wrong but it involves all the injured employees that can not perform all or some or oneof  their core function duties in your form50 job due to the injury.
Just want to be free....
jesse slade  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:53:19 AM(UTC)
jesse slade

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay, Lefty, try this one...Was on modified assignment for three years. PO offered new assignment outside of medical restrictions. PO refused to offer reasonable accommodation. PO refused discussion. PO ignored current medical evidence. PO said, "Your doctor doesn't matter" New injuries occured from working outside restrictions that resulted in not being able to work
at all.

No NRP meeting. No NRP paperwork, No NRP. Received NRP class action letter. Probably a moot point, but interested if I might have missed something.
Tess  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:20:27 AM(UTC)
Tess

The USPS was given an order to identify and notify all permanent Rehabilitated and Limited duty employees of the McConnell Class action, so everyone is being notified, it doesn't matter if you have been subjected to the NRP or not.  The EEOC ordered the Postal Service to notify all potential class members.
leftylouie  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:10:58 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Jesse= the only thing I can say there is -you asked for a drac to review for accomodation and they refused?  That alone is a EEO.  If you worked anyway in the job and was reinjured they play the sneeky side as you worked in an unsafe manner due to you are responsible to work with in your restrictions and if there is something you can not do it must be immediately stated to your supervisor.  You message is vague but your union should be involved as your modified position must be approved by OWCP if you felt it was not in your restrictions.  OWCP reviews it and will determine.  Sounds like your district was not following protocol or was not rolled out on the NRP yet. 
Just want to be free....
missunderstood  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 6:32:57 AM(UTC)
missunderstood

Hey lefty:

I was NRPD too; however in the meantime i retired from the PO on disability.  I received the letter, does that mean i will be considered in the class action or not since i retired.  NRP date was @ Dec 09, retired in March 2010. 

ThanksSmile
butterfly1241  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 2:13:57 PM(UTC)
butterfly1241

Right now the class action is in the discovery stage meaning the attorneys can gather information from each other, interview witnesses etc. After all this is done then there will be a hearing on Liability. If the PO is found to have discriminated then there will be hearings probably around the US regarding claims for damages. Before all of this happens there would be negotiations and most likely the PO would try to settle on restoring the NRP people back to work. In any case you will get a notice of any proposed negotiated settlement. If it gets as far as the claims for damages you will probably need an attorney to represent you for your particular damages. The attorneys are asking all potential members to go to the website www.NRPClassAction.com and fill out the questionnaire regarding your particular circumstances. It will ask you about previous claims and dates and whether you were sent home etc.
leftylouie  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:59:27 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

misunderstood - yes you are a class member.

Butterfly - you do not need to hire an attorney to receive your share of the class action, that is what the attorney presenting theclass action does - represent all the class member.  You will be notified in detail as to what you will receive when it is settled and have an opportunity to accept it or the right to pursue it on your own and forfiet the classaction award.  If so, then the expense is on you for the attorney.
Just want to be free....
overpaid  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:01:48 AM(UTC)
overpaid

The real concern for those involved is the quality of doctors write up and what unbiased physical therapist say. Many will loose their positions and disability
lilrae1952  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:55:29 PM(UTC)
lilrae1952

I received my letter this month about the classaction and will be following this closely. I was on a permanent light duty assignment and one day ordered to see a doctor and all my restrictions were  no longer needed and assignment was lifted. I retired on Oct. 31,2009 and was happy to leave after 28 years of blood,sweat and tears.  I hurt my back lifting 60 lb. bags of calcium to ship to an area office. I am,as anyone else is allowed to ask for help, I asked my supervisor to have someone help me and two male custodians said it was not their job so I lifted 7 bags by myself and shipped them out. This is only on situation of many I endured while employed for the postal service due to managements neglect of service to a subordenant.  I hope this classaction is won because I can not wait to throw the book at US Postal Service.  Glad I am retired so they cannot harass or intimidate me with threats any longer.LOL
Rss Feed  Atom Feed