Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Information Security

Information security can mean protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification or destruction. This goes beyond just computers and networks. Risks and threats can come from individuals, acts of nature, and new technology.

This topic affects everyone in the federal workforce - top to bottom. Thus, it is also the responsibility of everyone in the federal workforce to protect the information from threats.

Share your experience with securing information.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johnnie Arnold  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:48:19 AM(UTC)
JHArnold

Groups: Registered

I have applied for more than 400 plus jobs at Redstone Arsenal. I have not been called in for one interview. I am a 40% disabled veteran, have four degrees which are in Electro-Mechnical Technology, Instructor of Technology plus a teaching certification, degree in Computer Science, and Information Technology Internet Security. I have certifications in from CompTia, the CIO/G-6 courses and do accreditation work. I have been doing accreditation on computer systems since 1995 with DIACAP and DITSCAP.

I have mentioned such in my resumes and resumix. I had a GM 15 at Redsone Arsenal review my resumix information and he said he saw nothing wrong with it. I have not been called in for one interview, I also worked for the US Air Force and the Army Corp of Engineers as a civilian employee. 

I had to leave Andrews AFB because of my mother having a terminal illness and I had to help her. I was able to get a job with the Army Corp of  Engineers where I worked as a civilian for 5 years until my wife's job tranferred her to Augusta, Ga. I was not able to get on with the Government employment there and I had to resign from the Army Corp of Engineers because of my Leave Without Pay time running out. My wife's job ended there and I was able get a job in Huntsville and have applied for more than 400 positions in computer technology and INFOSEC. Can someone give me a hand with this? So if there is such a shortage of persons for INFOSEC why can't I get an interview?
Katydid_MD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:16:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sounds like there's way too much competition there at Redstone.  Maybe you need to expand your target some.

Best of luck in your job-hunting process!
jhxetc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:37:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you are coming back as not referred then the issue is probably a lack of key words in your resume. If you are getting referred and just not getting interviews, then I agree with Katydid that the competition must be steep at Redstone.
AHLTA Warrior  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 2:13:55 PM(UTC)

CISSP and either a MCITP or CCNP wouldn't hurt either.
seminolefan72  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:42:42 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
CISSP wlll get you on as a 0301  also. my IAM is a 0301 vice a 2210
“Common sense is seeing things as they are; and doing things as they ought to be.”
― Harriet Beecher Stowe
Rss Feed  Atom Feed