Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NSPS - National Security Personnel System

NSPS is the Department of Defense's (DoD) flexible and responsive civilian management system that: (1) values performance and contribution, (2) encourages communication, (3) supports broader skill development, and (4) promotes excellence in the workplace

NSPS modernizes a 50-year-old civil service system, allowing DoD to better attract, recruit, retain, compensate, reward and manage employees. The system focuses on people, performance, and employment decisions that are cost-effective and best for business practice.

(source: Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service)

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluto  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 2:21:35 PM(UTC)
bluto

Groups: Registered

I am a YA02 (GS 9-13) converting to a payband 3 position (GS12-13); will I be brought up to a minimum GS12 step 1 pay?
bluto  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 09, 2010 5:58:52 AM(UTC)
bluto

I will be converting from YA02 (GS9-13) to NH III (GS12-13).
bluto  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 2:21:25 AM(UTC)
bluto

Doesn't anyone know the rules for conversion from NSPS to ACQ Demo?
Anyone...Bueller...Bueller...Geek
spacewench  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:35:26 AM(UTC)
spacewench

Was told that if your position was GS before NSPS, you go back to GS. If your position was Acq. Demo before NSPS, you will go back to that.

It was also communicated that those going to Acq. Demo will not convert over until after they get their NSPS yearly eval/raise...so no conversion until February-March 2011.

bluto  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:41:01 PM(UTC)
bluto

I know that we will be going to ACQ demo, and when.

I am one of the many that came into the YA02 band at the lower end. I read somewhere (I could be wrong) that NH III was equivilent to GS12-13; so the NHIII would be a much narrower pay band than the YA02. My question is: when I convert back to ACQ demo, will I then be brought up to the GS 12 step 1 pay which is the lower end of the NH III pay band, or will they just be able to reclassify it at a lower pay rate.
spacewench  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:36:32 PM(UTC)
spacewench

Currently the details of the transition are not available because for us to actually transfer to Acq Demo, the government needs to approve the extension of the Acq Demo program.

I would assume that there would be language on the transition in the bill, but have not taken the time to look it up myself.

I would also assume that it would be the same as with those who transitioned to GS: you cant loose pay...

The Sr. Civil Servant in our squadron indicated that Acq. Demo is what NSPS was derived from & that they are really very similar...so maybe more of a lateral type of transition with respect to pay.

Sorry, probably not much help...

Cornfed  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:04:25 AM(UTC)
Cornfed

We are slated to covert to Acq Demo soon. We were Acq Demo before NSPS. We were told (by Civ Personnel) that if our position had a PD that was written under Acq Demo, that we would convert back to the original pay band listed on the PD. However if we were in a position on a new PD, that was written under NSPS, that the position would have to be classified for Acq Demo. We were told that the conversion had nothing at all to do with a person’s salary, only on the PD and the PDs classification.

Now they (the unit) are saying that they are going to reclassify “all” the positions before conversion occurs. The problem is that the YA02 pay band was very broad for career progression (GS 7-13), Acq Demo is splitting that band in half into NH2 (GS7-11) and NH3 (GS12-13). So they are trying to classify some of the new positions to NH3 to cover their favorites and downgrade others sitting on an NH3 PD to NH2 to cover the cost. Even though we are still performing the work as outlined in the Acq Demo PD it seems we may get screwed. Is there anything we can do? Are they allowed to reclassify during the conversion?

fcarver  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:49:57 AM(UTC)
fcarver

Ok, for the OP:

- If you're position is going to be NH-3, then yes, that is GS12-13. And yes, if you're pay is currently below GS12 step 1, then your agency/command has to raise your base pay to be equal to GS12-Step1.

Good news for you, really! Free raise :0)
fcarver  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:51:17 AM(UTC)
fcarver

bluto,

how did this work out for you?

I'm going from GS to AQDEMO in 2012, but my position is being converted laterally to an NH-2, with a target NH-3, so I can be non-competitively promoted.
bluto  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:36:23 AM(UTC)
bluto

Because the paygrades contained within NH3 are also in YA02, I converted directy to NH3; and I was brought up to GS12 step1. bluto2011-12-12 10:37:41
fcarver  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:52:03 AM(UTC)
fcarver

Sweet, congrats bluto. Glad this worked out for you.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed