Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Persuit9  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:54:13 AM(UTC)
Persuit9

Groups: Registered

I've been jumping through the first few pages in this forum and couldn't find a post similar to this, so I hope it's not a repost (if so, maybe we can get the mods to permanently post it <sticky> on the front page)

How long has it taken everyone here to get their NACI clearance? I submitted my fingerprints, forms, and e-qip all last week and now I sit and play the waiting game. A friend I used as a reference told me that he already received a letter inquiring info about me, so I figure that the ball is in motion and there were no problems with my e-qip papers.

Is the average wait 1, 2, 3 months or longer for this investigation to be completed?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The Winner sees an answer for every problem; The Loser sees a problem for every answer.
blueRoo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:53:53 AM(UTC)
blueRoo

I got an initial acceptance to start work within a week after a local check by the local federal office (our agency uses DHS for local checks). 

I got final NACI on an SF-85p in about 4 months.  After the DHS check, part of my final e-qip was done by HR for my agency, which is located out of state, part of it was sent off to the FBI for a check.

Hope that gives you an idea.  (That was my experience at least.)

Disclaimer: I've been told that I give POUNDS of bad advice about apparently everything, thus -- Take anything I say here with a pound of salt and ask someone else instead.
blueRoo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
blueRoo

And I guess I just got my TS clearance -- for a different job / different agency.  Clap

That was a WHOLE different ball game all together (9 months and a WHOLE lot more paperwork.)

You'd think with a ton of OTHER clearances someone could speed this process up a bit instead of starting from scratch every time!
blueRoo2010-08-11 17:03:56
Disclaimer: I've been told that I give POUNDS of bad advice about apparently everything, thus -- Take anything I say here with a pound of salt and ask someone else instead.
Persuit9  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:47:11 PM(UTC)
Persuit9

Thanks blueroo! I'm doing this through the Army, so I'll expect the worst and hope for the best (always).

The Winner sees an answer for every problem; The Loser sees a problem for every answer.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed