Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oakster05  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 4:59:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I am applying to the Army as an Officer, and have a few questions filling out my FS 86 for my background check (interm clearance I think). I greatly appreciate your help in answering my questions. I think I have a pretty clean record, however I don't want my check to be slowed down by lack of attention to detail.

Section 9A and 9B:

I was born abroad on a military base, and have both an FS 240 (state department birth abroad form) and a birth certificate (FS 545). Under "document and certificate number" do I list the form numbers (i.e. FS 240 and 545?) The documents have no other serial numbers on them.

Section 11: Residence information and point of contact for that period.

My current boss has known me throughout all of the different places I have lived (my family has moved to a few different apartments around town over the years), would it be acceptable to use my boss for each different address? I don't have any "neighbors" or even leasing managers to use, so can I just use one contact for each place? I could also use one of my friends for one of the places as well.

Section 26 Financial Record
Is this the proper place to list my car loan that I am still paying off (no debt problems or delinquency.)
If so then what do I write Under "date satisfied" and "status of action or debt."

Lastly, If I were to leave my current part time job for another one in the next month (until I get picked up for Army OCS) will this adversely affect the background check process? My company might be eliminating my current position and I might have to get another one before I get selected (process could take 5 to 6 months.)

Will I have to fill out another SF 86?

Many thanks for your help!
Just Another Girl  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 5:42:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Don't know about the rest, but for Section 26, you only list delinquent debts or debts that have been 180 days delinquent in the past 7 years for a secret and 10 years for Top Secret.

So, a car loan that  is not delinquent, and has never been 180 days delinquent in the past should not be listed at all.

Just Another Girl2010-08-17 02:03:11
Obama 2012
Rss Feed  Atom Feed