Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:04:45 AM(UTC)
bobo

Groups: Registered

My Husband was recently given an impairment rating for several injuries. Although the Dr. told us that OWCP would probably request a 2nd opinion, I was wondering if anyone knows how to calculate the percentages into dollar amounts? Does the 6th AMA edition change the calculations? He has been given 42% loss in one leg, 6% loss in shoulder, 6% in elbow and 6% in the other leg. We have no clue how to find out how this translates into dollars? Even after (if necessary) a 2nd opinion the Dr. said it would come back to him and it wouldn't change much....Given all the headaches OWCP has dealt us so far...Nothing they do surprises me, it just makes me more mad!  Thanks for any and all help.....
jojo39  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 2:40:23 AM(UTC)
jojo39

i can only tell you this go to the postal union web site just goggle "Schedule Awards" federal workers comp .  it has schedule award weeks based on the injury

BUT FYI  there is a deal where the first injury is 100% of the amount of Impairment, but the other injuries related i think become 1/2 but it may just be the same limb that becomes 1/2
like in my case carpal tunnel is rated for me at 6% but my guymons which is on the same arm is 1/2 the amount which would be like 3%

the postal union web site is the only web site that really gives you good information except the lawyer web sites they give you the schedule award information also, but it is limited

there are many experts on this web site that will give you help

second opinion, i had to have one and with they giving him 42% they will probably ask for a second opinon because even though carpal tunnel is only 9% at best, they did not like the dr giving me the 9% and sent me to a second opinion who said i had SEVERE carpal tunnel but then he said he would only give me 6%.    ALSO, it is months and months of waiting and waiting 
Good luck
bobo  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 7:55:14 AM(UTC)
bobo

Thankyou jojo!! I don't rush anything when it comes to OWCP. I am going to assume a year?! The 42% is for a torn meniscus (knee) and pulled hamstring. The rest is the other leg from 7 major back surgeries including fusions. The shoulder was torn from the bicep and was operated on as well. Too many bad memories...Just want to put it all behind us. He has returned to work, at a lower pay grade and pay rate...Considerably less! We are ready for it to be over!! Again thankyou!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed