Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Herm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:07:18 AM(UTC)
Herm

Groups: Registered

I won't bore you with the whole story, but I am getting conflicting answers from my own CPAC, both before and after conversion from NSPS to GS.

I was stateside as a YD-02 engineer with a base pay of $88K plus locality pay of $12K.  I accepted a lateral transfer to an OCONUS location as a YF-02 engineer with a base pay of $92K.  I then converted to GS where I became a GS-13 Step 10 with a base pay of $93K.

CPAC tells me when I exercise my return rights to my previous position stateside, which converted to a GS-12, my pay will be set as a GS-12 Step 10; in short, I am not entitled to pay retention in my previous position stateside because I converted to GS while OCONUS.  Also, they tell me I knew my previous position stateside was a GS-12 equivalent, though I take issue with this because that fact was never presented to me either verbally or in writing (not on PD, SF-50, etc.).

I have two questions:

1.  Is my CPAC correct about returning to a GS-12 Step 10?  I have been reading through the OPM and CPOC websites, but they do not directly address my situation with their examples.

2.  How is pay set for folks who accept an overseas promotion, and then exercise their return rights to their previous position stateside?  And please explain how locality pay fits into this.

Thank you.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed