Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gov*Girl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:27:03 PM(UTC)
Gov*Girl

Groups: Registered

Who, out there, feels they have gained opportunities due to the NSPS-GS conversion? 
provided  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 1:44:42 PM(UTC)
provided

Depends on what you mean by gained opportunities.

I think I have benefited personally but I would rather have seen a crackdown on evident mismanagement and nepotism.

BBHonduras  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:18:41 PM(UTC)
BBHonduras

I have a question related to this topic. I recently accepted a position as a YA-02. I was previously a YA-02 but than my position was converted back to GS. I was a GS-11 Step 5 when I left my prior position. Mycurrent position was going to be converted to NH-III under ACQ DEMO. Now that all positions will convert to GS and not ACQ DEMO until sometime later. The position will convert to a GS-13. So would my pay start at GS-13 step 1 or 5 or neither? I am quite confused and I'm hoping that I do convert to a GS-13 step 1 at least so that I can get back on track with my career progression.

Any thoughts?

simchief  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:39:21 PM(UTC)
simchief

You stated you are converting from YA-02 to GS; rules require a review of your position description (PD) to determine its grade.

Upon conversion you would come into GS at grade determined by PD review, so if your position is graded as GS-13 you would be a GS-13, normally you would enter at step nearest to your current base salary (rounded up), in most cases this is step 1.

I'll be shoveling along: <br />Digger O'Dell
provided  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 1:28:00 PM(UTC)
provided

simchief is correct.  Your conversions in and out of NSPS-Acq Demo will not be considered.  Your position gets graded by GS standards (without personal consideration), then they look at your salary to set your pay.  At the pay equivalent of a GS 11 step 5, you would fall at GS 13 step 1 (provided your current position grades out at GS 13).
Rss Feed  Atom Feed