Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CuriousJK  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:54:49 AM(UTC)
CuriousJK

Groups: Registered

To any former or current adjudicators:

I am currently considering a position for a contractor who has a contract with the Veterans Affairs and wanted to get any insight that you may have regarding my eligibility for obtaining a Public Trust (SF85).  Please see below for information regarding my eligibility:

Last 5 Years:
1.) DWI (1st offense) - 1/2008
2.) Drunk in Public - 7/2007
3.) Clean Financial History
4.) No prior felonies

Also, I wanted to mention that in 3/2009 I applied for a position that required a SF85P for the Customs and Border Protection Agency (CBP) and I was deemed unsuitable for employment.  One of the reasons why I think I was deemed unsuitable was b/c I unintentionally failed to disclose a marijuana charge that occurred over 10 years ago.  I was under the impression that they were only looking for anything in the last 7 years but apparently the CBP BI does not have a specific time period and was looking for ANY arrests at ANY time.  I'm assuming this is the reason why I was deemed unsuitable unless any of the above arrests played a factor as well.  I've been told that the CBP BI process was one of the most stringent BIs out there.

In any case, I've been told that the VA BI was a low lever clearance.  What are my chances of obtaining the Public Trust for the VA (i.e., SF85)?  Please advise ASAP as I need to respond to the offer in the next day or so.  I would hate to quit my current job, take the VA offer then find out that I was not able to pass the VA BI process.

Thank you for any insight you may have regarding my situation.  Kindest regards.

USAIDWaiting  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 9:07:09 PM(UTC)
USAIDWaiting

Be honest, read all questions carefully and again be honest and I think you will be ok.
CuriousJK  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:58:31 AM(UTC)
CuriousJK

BckgrndInvestigator or Hennessey, please provide your insight.  Your feedback is much appreciated.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed