Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DoeZ  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 11:32:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

OMG...I can't understand why I'm having so many problems trying to find a Dr. that accepts OWCP.  I'm looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon in the Buffalo area and not one Dr. accepts it.  I was in a MVA 7-7-09 and to this day I'm in so much pain with my neck its unreal. The Dr. I'm seeing now just doesn't care and only wants to thicken his pockets and I'm having so many problems with him and his office just filling out the right paperwork let alone get the paperwork sent in to them.  Besides that he almost paralyzed me the last time he gave me injections and I just want a second opinion and a different Dr. to hopefully "fix" me. Does anyone know how I can find a Orthopedic Dr. that does accept OWCP? I've googled and nothing comes up. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.
jesse slade  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:54:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 127 post(s)
This is part of OWCP's evil plan. They harass doctors to the point that they will not take OWCP cases. It's becoming more and more common.

If you're in the Buffalo area you should be able to find an Orthopedic surgeon in the area that accepts OWCP claims. If you can't--go outside the area. Cedars in New York should have someone and are known for decent doctors. If New York is too far, try cities close to Buffalo.

Even if you find the best doctor in the world, they're useless in the OWCP system if they cannot or will not write you good reports and complete your paperwork properly and on time. It's difficult to balance finding a decent doctor for medical care who will also file your reports and paperwork.
Snowed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:10:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Buffalo Spine and Sports might have a surgeon on staff AND Dr. Kowalski at ECMC take OWCP.   You may want to try a neurosurgeon.  UB neurosurgery and many others.
March for Justice!
stapler  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:37:05 AM(UTC)

One source for finding doctors that accept OWCP is the ACS website. There is a link to do a provider search under "Available Features." I searched ortho surgeons in Buffalo and eight clinics are listed.
The link is below.

http://owcp.dol.acs-inc.com/portal/main.do

Good luck.
jesse slade  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:57:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 127 post(s)
I always forget about that. Good one Stapler...and nice to see you back on the board Cool
Snowed  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:31:44 AM(UTC)

You will find many on that list that no longer accept federal workers comp.
March for Justice!
DoeZ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:37:36 AM(UTC)

Snowed wrote:
Buffalo Spine and Sports might have a surgeon on staff AND Dr. Kowalski at ECMC take OWCP.   You may want to try a neurosurgeon.  UB neurosurgery and many others.

Thanks but this is the last place I would recommend to anyone...they're who is messing me up even more so...can't get papers to OWCP worth anything and the Dr's just dont care...

Waiting for some call backs but the list on the OWCP site isnt really up tp date as some I've called are retired...lol...go figureDead
Patty  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 2:56:11 AM(UTC)
pa6751

Big smile Hey you might be in luck You will have to do a little traveling but it will be well worth your travel.  The Ellis Clinic in Oklahoma city Oklahoma I am on my way there 11-09-2010 I am from NH and have had the same type of problem there is no Dr. that wants to do the paperwork and all the fun stuff owcp ask for. This is all Dr.Ellis does and he teaches other Doctors how to write the reports.  Look him up on the internet and call him on monday owcp will pay for your office visit and reinburse for travel let me know how you make out.  I wish I had found him years ago.  GOOD LUCK 
Diana McCorkle  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:46:59 AM(UTC)
horselover1958

I can't find a neck doctor for workman's compensation to get a CA-2 approved. I am sure I will need to find one if I need to appeal my CA-2. I am sure it will be denied. They always are.

I even wanted to see a doctor with my own insurance card and they said no because they no down the road it might be federal workman's compensation if the CA-2 is approved.

Is there a service out there that helps you connect with a doctor who can help you and do the necessary paperwork?

jeff herzog  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:57:38 AM(UTC)
GreenTurtlez

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
DoeZ wrote:
OMG...I can't understand why I'm having so many problems trying to find a Dr. that accepts OWCP.  I'm looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon in the Buffalo area and not one Dr. accepts it.  I was in a MVA 7-7-09 and to this day I'm in so much pain with my neck its unreal. The Dr. I'm seeing now just doesn't care and only wants to thicken his pockets and I'm having so many problems with him and his office just filling out the right paperwork let alone get the paperwork sent in to them.  Besides that he almost paralyzed me the last time he gave me injections and I just want a second opinion and a different Dr. to hopefully "fix" me. Does anyone know how I can find a Orthopedic Dr. that does accept OWCP? I've googled and nothing comes up. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Just did a quick google and came up with......

Dr. Michael T. Grant, MD, PC

Building B - Suite 105

550 Orchard Park Road

West Seneca, NY 14224

Phone:  (716) 677-6404

http://grantmichaeltmdpcnewyork.com/

Snowed  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:24:01 AM(UTC)

horselover1958 wrote:
I can't find a neck doctor for workman's compensation to get a CA-2 approved. I am sure I will need to find one if I need to appeal my CA-2. I am sure it will be denied. They always are.

I even wanted to see a doctor with my own insurance card and they said no because they no down the road it might be federal workman's compensation if the CA-2 is approved.

Is there a service out there that helps you connect with a doctor who can help you and do the necessary paperwork?

Do yo have any doctor that has diagnosed you?  If so you could call Ellis clinic or Google "Independent Medical Examiner" online for other places to start.  Where are you located?
March for Justice!
leftylouie  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:36:33 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I can help in the NJ area with two excellent Orthopedics that know OWCP.  It is a bit of a ride from Buffalo but closer than Oklahoma!  message me if you want them..
Just want to be free....
Diana McCorkle  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 9:46:55 PM(UTC)
horselover1958

I forgot to mention that I live in Ohio. New Jersey and Oklahoma is too far. There has to be someone in Southwestern Ohio to see.
InjuredFed  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:35:35 AM(UTC)

I'm having trouble finding a doctor in Minney Snow Ta...

I tried the ACS site but it wasn't very helpful.

edalder  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:48:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 160 post(s)
The doctors listed at the ACS website will be any doctor who has had a bill paid by OWCP and has agreed to be listed.

That's all that being listed there means.

Some of the doctors that are listed may be worth seeing. Others you probably should avoid. Others may have changed their minds about being listed bit have not asked ACS to take down their name.

I would not automatically exclude a doctor solely because he or she is listed there. Just vet the doctors in question against other "criteria" that are important to you and verify that they have not regretted being on that list before making that appointment.

Because it was an an "opt-in" process, there will doctors out there that have done OWCP work but have chosen not be listed. Locating these doctors will require considerable time and effort.

You might call some personal injury attorneys who represent injured persons and ask them who they use when they need a medical report. This one won't be full proof, but, ifyou can pry a name or two out such an attorney, you might at least get a lead on a doctor who does not mind writing medical-legal reports.
Kivi
RAPUNZEL  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:29:18 AM(UTC)

i googled acs, didn't find anything....can u tell me a website or link? thanks
edalder  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:08:06 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 160 post(s)
http://owcp.dol.acs-inc.com/portal/main.do

Sorry, I don't know how to make it work as a link. Just copy and paste into your browser.

Kivi
RAPUNZEL  
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:37:48 AM(UTC)

thanks..didn't think to try the owcp website to enter....blond momentSmile
mj16  
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 6:47:45 AM(UTC)
mj16

United States

Originally Posted by: leftylouie Go to Quoted Post
I can help in the NJ area with two excellent Orthopedics that know OWCP. It is a bit of a ride from Buffalo but closer than Oklahoma! message me if you want them..

Can you please post OWCP Dr's in New Jersey. I am in upstate New York and can not find a OWCP Dr.They will not do paperwork
Rss Feed  Atom Feed