Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CarLaC  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:43:14 PM(UTC)
CarLaC

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know when medical people are transitioning out of NSPS?  I am a nurse for Department of the Army and nobody seems to know when any of this is going to occur and how its going to be done.  Problem is medical people were recruited with retention bonuses and other types of monetary incentives different per individual, so probably no set formula would work for everyone.  I also heard a rumor but don't know if its true that Clinical Supervisory Nurses GS-11 became YJ-02s when changed to NSPS and should have been YH-02s, I am one of these people so does anybody know anything about this?  Thanks for any info you have.

CarLa
ellie611  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:44:35 PM(UTC)
ellie611

I'm gonna take your questions one at a time.

1) No one knows when the medical people will be transitioning out of NSPS, because the two new systems that they will be moved into have not yet been created and blessed by OPM. I am hearing 2nd or 3rd quarter of FY11.

2) For the time being candidates for those positions going to the new systems can be continue to be recruited and hired into NSPS to allow for the continuation of the recruiting and retention bonuses.

3) The transition to the new system is based on an employee's series number not what payband they are in in NSPS. I believe that Clinical Supervisory Nurses are Series #610 so they would be exempt from transition to GS and will move directly into whatever system is developed for those healthcare positions.

Also, I was told that the system will work fairly similar to the system that has long been in use at the Department of Veteran's Affairs.
NavyQueen23  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:41:10 AM(UTC)
NavyQueen23

Here's the only info we've received:

2. There are 295 physicians and dentists across the DON now in NSPS; there are an additional 292 in the General Schedule. Per NDAA 2010, all will be transitioning to a new Physicians and Dentist Pay Plan established by DoD.

3. About 2,000 people are included in the 30 healthcare occupations which will potentially be covered under a new hybrid system now under development. DoD has established a Civilian Healthcare Occupations Sustainment Project (C-HOSP) team to research and analyze the Title 38 authorities to cover the identified occupations. No date has been set for the transition. Until further guidance, those 30 occupations are exempted from the transition and will continue to operate under NSPS.

CarLaC  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 5:52:11 AM(UTC)
CarLaC

Thank you for your responses.  I hadn't been able to get any information about this.  I kept getting told when we know you will know, so thanks a lot.

Carla
Rss Feed  Atom Feed