Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phillyva  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:58:34 AM(UTC)
phillyva

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Anyone interview for immigration services assistant in philly or nj.  Did you get the job how long did it take for them to contact you and how did they contact you was it personnel?
sweets2323  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:20:58 AM(UTC)
sweets2323

how did it go.. I applied for a position this week here in MIA

phillyva  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:08:03 AM(UTC)
phillyva

I got the job just in the security process now Big smile
sweets2323  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:44:04 PM(UTC)
sweets2323

did you submit a typing test certificate? which website did you go on to take the typing test and print your certificate. I also Private message you some questions about the procedure etc
phillyva  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:44:47 PM(UTC)
phillyva

phillyva2011-01-17 06:16:15
sweets2323  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:23:32 PM(UTC)
sweets2323

Thank you
sweets23232011-01-14 06:25:00
phillyva  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:28:02 PM(UTC)
phillyva

phillyva2011-01-17 06:16:33
phillyva  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:29:46 PM(UTC)
phillyva

phillyva2011-01-17 06:16:47
phillyva  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:40:27 PM(UTC)
phillyva

phillyva2011-01-17 06:17:01
dsd1013  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 12:26:04 PM(UTC)
dsd1013

Hey phillyva, would you mind letting me know what your rating was?  I applied for this position in Philly too, and just got my rating of 93, and I'm curious if I'm still in the running at all.  I just got that notice today, and that was the first thing I heard from them about the position.  Thanks....
phillyva  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 9:15:26 PM(UTC)
phillyva

phillyva2011-01-17 06:17:39
dsd1013  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:02:45 AM(UTC)
dsd1013

Thanks for the info..

alize4me2  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 6:32:32 PM(UTC)
alize4me2

Is there a typing certificate I can print out to verify my typing.  How long did it take them to call you and what is the process. All the answers have been edited and I just need some advice how to go about it.alize4me22011-01-22 02:40:33
phillyva  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 5:57:19 PM(UTC)
phillyva

No typing certification when applying they ask you the question, they send out two emails one tells you that you are eligible the other one tells you that your are referred and you receive them both the same day.  Good Luck, I have been applying to this agency for years and God has blessed me with this amazing opportunity.  If selected you have to go through a premilinary background investigation they check your credit, fingerprints I guess other checks I don't know all that is involved. 
GemiGem00  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:36:36 AM(UTC)
GemiGem00

Hi,

I have been trying to find people who are familiar with this process. I received an email from HR saying that I qualified for GS-7, then i received one saying I qualified for GS-6 from the same person in a different email. Im guessing they are not hiring for GS-5 because I didnt get an email for that one. The email stated to call a number on the email, which I did and was told they were calling everyone that was still interested in a few weeks for interviews. Now, my announcement for this position did not have that you need a security clearance. But, I looked at many other states and it sayd that you need that for the position. Do you know if the background investigation is like the FBI because I would hate to waste my time going through the entire process to be told that I am unsutiable due to employment history? Do they interview your neighbors, family, friends, etc. or is it just running you in the system, and checking references. Please give me any info you can as far as the background check, position, etc. Thank you!!
LLBeanGIrl  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:24:49 AM(UTC)
LLBeanGIrl

if you get an interview and a TO, be honest with the person doing your BI. Its all you can do, part of being hired into the Feds is having a clean background. Good Luck, but if you didn't pass the FBI's BI, you don't have much of a chance.
GemiGem00  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:04:56 AM(UTC)
GemiGem00

I am was only found unsuitable because I have had alot of jobs. I was young and its nothing I can do about that now and I was honest about everything. Thats why I passed the poly.

There are people who have been denied clearance with the FBI and was able to obtain a lower security clearance with another agency. My question was for people who have been through the process and to provide any useful information about the position itself.

Thanks anyway.
LLBeanGIrl  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:19:52 PM(UTC)
LLBeanGIrl

GemiGem00 wrote:
I am was only found unsuitable because I have had alot of jobs. I was young and its nothing I can do about that now and I was honest about everything. Thats why I passed the poly.

There are people who have been denied clearance with the FBI and was able to obtain a lower security clearance with another agency. My question was for people who have been through the process and to provide any useful information about the position itself.

Thanks anyway.

Why would you assume that I haven't been through "the process"? I have a gone through two BI for two different agencies (one moderate level and the other high-level)...they don't knock you out of the box for having several jobs when your young.

Too bad, it doesn't sell....
GemiGem00  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:45:02 PM(UTC)
GemiGem00

I didn't assume anything. Like I said, I was asking for USEFUL information about people experience and the position itself. Examples: how long their process took, is it a stressful position, blah, blah, blah. I didn't ask you if I had a chance or not.

I know what my letter said when the FBI rescinded my offer. From the age 18 to now, I have had alot of job which could mean that I am unstable. That could be a reason an agency that needs a TOP SECRET security clearance. I have never been in any trouble, I have never did anything at my jobs that would stop be from getting my clearance. So, I will assume the reason I stated. What do you mean it doesn't sell? Unless you were my one of my investigators, adjudicators, etc, then you do not know why "employment history" was stated on my letter for being unsuitable.

Obviously, you dont know anything about this position or agency so I will opinions for what they are and move on. Matter of fact, when I go to my interview on Tuesday, get my TO, and finish the process, I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks.
phillyva  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:22:33 AM(UTC)
phillyva

GemiGem00 wrote:
I didn't assume anything. Like I said, I was asking for USEFUL information about people experience and the position itself. Examples: how long their process took, is it a stressful position, blah, blah, blah. I didn't ask you if I had a chance or not.

I know what my letter said when the FBI rescinded my offer. From the age 18 to now, I have had alot of job which could mean that I am unstable. That could be a reason an agency that needs a TOP SECRET security clearance. I have never been in any trouble, I have never did anything at my jobs that would stop be from getting my clearance. So, I will assume the reason I stated. What do you mean it doesn't sell? Unless you were my one of my investigators, adjudicators, etc, then you do not know why "employment history" was stated on my letter for being unsuitable.

Obviously, you dont know anything about this position or agency so I will opinions for what they are and move on. Matter of fact, when I go to my interview on Tuesday, get my TO, and finish the process, I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks.
All I can say is that I am going through the process for a Secret Security Clearance for this position.  I have met with my investigator and they are looking for honesty I think it goes back as far as 10 years tell all about your previous employers why you left within the 7 or 10 year timeframe whichever is required.  The only thing different I would say is you don't do a polygraph test.  So far my process has been painless...Credit check, fingerprint, drug screening they do go into your neighborhood and interview people....FBI is difference I guess I have had lots of employers in the past also and it didn't seem to matter here and I did receive my interim secret clearance to start work just waiting for my final secret clearance...Good Luck with your interview....Which city if you don't mind saying.... 
phillyva2011-01-30 09:29:01
Rss Feed  Atom Feed