Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobbyMac  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:17:35 AM(UTC)
BobbyMac

Groups: Registered

My EOD date was 6/21/10 and was interviewed by the investigator in early August for my suitablity background investigation.  The investigator told me after the meeting he did not see anything that would cause my approval to be denied. I had been patiently waiting for my approval, or denial, letter. Today I said enough is enough and called OPM and learned my case was still in examination. I figured for the last few months, or so, that it was in the adjudication phase.
Also today, I faxed a request for my investigation information under nthe freedom of information act to see what is holding it up. I am tired of the bull crap and want them to put an end to this one way or another.
Anyone else out there in my situation?
CAauditor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:15:52 PM(UTC)
CAauditor

I think it probably has to do something with the consolidation of background investigations and services offered that OPM recently did. My Public Trust took almost a year (I think it was 10 months start to finish) I assumed a lot of the delay was them transitioning to the new background investigation type and form types/procedures associated with that. I dont work for OPM so I dont know exactly but it would make sense that backgrounds initiated under the old type would face some delay as they were transitioned to the new type. I figured I was caught up in the paperwork of bureaucracy.

CAauditor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
CAauditor

BackGdInvestigator  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:27:28 PM(UTC)
BackGdInvestigator

1) the investigator is never to give an opinion on how a case will be adjudicated. We don't have all the information - only the adjudicator has that information.

2) You can FOIA your background investigation, but the FOIA will not be processed until your case is adjudicated.

*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
BobbyMac  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:52:21 PM(UTC)
BobbyMac

BackGdInvestigator wrote:
1) the investigator is never to give an opinion on how a case will be adjudicated. We don't have all the information - only the adjudicator has that information.

2) You can FOIA your background investigation, but the FOIA will not be processed until your case is adjudicated.

MY BI told me he saw nothing that would cuase my investigation to fail. He was a newer outside contract worker and maybe did not learn that rule.

In my FOIA request I also wrote that I was available to assist with obtaining missing info orto  provide greater detail on info previously rendered. Not sure this will help?

BackGdInvestigator  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:19:51 AM(UTC)
BackGdInvestigator

The adjudicator will ask the investigation activity to contact you for more details if needed. The process is actually designed to identify anyone who tries to force their case through quickly or to delay the case. You can thank Mr. Aldrich Ames and Mr Robert Hassen for that rule. (google Ames CIA or Hassen FBI). They both used their influence to manipulate their own background investigations.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
BobbyMac  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 8:44:52 AM(UTC)
BobbyMac

BackGdInvestigator wrote:
The adjudicator will ask the investigation activity to contact you for more details if needed. The process is actually designed to identify anyone who tries to force their case through quickly or to delay the case. You can thank Mr. Aldrich Ames and Mr Robert Hassen for that rule. (google Ames CIA or Hassen FBI). They both used their influence to manipulate their own background investigations.

I don't carry much influence, but my intention is to get it over and done with, which ever way it turns out.
CPAAudit  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 8:52:14 AM(UTC)
CPAAudit

My public trust took less than a week. I didn't realize they actually did interviews and stuff for it. everyone i listed just received letters from the government, ha.
BobbyMac  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:44:10 PM(UTC)
BobbyMac

CPAAudit wrote:
My public trust took less than a week. I didn't realize they actually did interviews and stuff for it. everyone i listed just received letters from the government, ha.

Which agency do you work for? Less than a week does seems highly unlikely!
BackGdInvestigator  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:32:36 AM(UTC)
BackGdInvestigator

You don't have influence - and don't be surprised if your Congressman says he/she won't get involved because of the "influence clause."

CAauditor  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 3:35:01 AM(UTC)
CAauditor

BobbyMac wrote:
CPAAudit wrote:

Which agency do you work for? Less than a week does seems highly unlikely!

less than a week does seem unlikely but there are also different levels of Public Trust so maybe.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed