Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jfiery  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:34:54 AM(UTC)
jfiery

Groups: Registered

I am trying to locate the contact information of my postmaster's POOM.  She refuses to give me the information.  All I know is that his name is Craig Miner.  I don't have a phone number or email addy.  My post office is in Washington County, MD.  Would someone be able to tell me where I can find this information at. I also need district headquarters number or where I can find out what district headquarters is under our control so I can up up the chain of command?

Thanks so much.
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:43:29 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
there are over 14000 people listed in MD.  that name is not one of them.  maybe it is spelled differant.

did find these two names
postalvet2010-12-17 11:51:07
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
rainman  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 6:01:11 AM(UTC)
rainman

Call your union rep.
TETastic  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 6:21:28 AM(UTC)
TETastic

if your pm is doing something she shouldn't, go to the union
the rock99  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 7:50:49 AM(UTC)
the rock99

call the district office and ask to speak to the POOM secretary
Window Clerk  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 12:57:10 PM(UTC)
Window Clerk

Try posting what office you actually work out of. An honest to God zip code and you'll be amazed with the results.

Why are you beating around the bush?

jfiery wrote:
I am trying to locate the contact information of my postmaster's POOM.  She refuses to give me the information.  All I know is that his name is Craig Miner.  I don't have a phone number or email addy.  My post office is in Washington County, MD.  Would someone be able to tell me where I can find this information at. I also need district headquarters number or where I can find out what district headquarters is under our control so I can up up the chain of command?

Thanks so much.
jfiery  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:06:25 PM(UTC)
jfiery

Thanks so much for the replies.  I finally got the POOM's # and email and the district headquarters name and # too.  Btw, my zip is 21740.

hadenough  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:19:28 AM(UTC)
hadenough

This is true. You must follow the chain of command and be respectful. A Postal employee can not even get past the POOM's secretary in our district. Be it in person or on the phone.  
postalvet  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:39:48 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
send a letter.
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
Rosey  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:44:36 PM(UTC)
Rosey

You cannot be 'written up' for going over the Postmasters head. If you do not get the information or the answers you feel you need from the Postmaster, contact their manager, the POOM.

If your PM has a directive that states that if you go over their head on anything, you will receive discipline, take it to the District Manager.  A policy such as that is BS.
MaleMan  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:10:00 PM(UTC)
MaleMan

hadenough,

As I have often made the statement; If there is not established, written rules and/or regulations that it isn't a directive or stated rule.

Don’t confuse the Post Office with the military as the military does have established rules for following the chain of command. Even though I have had supervisors/managers that thought they were a drill sergeant - needless to say they simply aren't!

Now, that said, if the upper manager has a "closed-door policy" (as many seem to) that should tell you up front that you would be wasting your time.

At least to me a closed-door policy screams:

1) You're not important enough to have any of my time.

2) I don't care what issues may be going on.

3) I don't want to know what issues are going on.

4) Leave me out of the loop, that way with any pending legal hearing I can

truthfully say "Sir, I was not made aware of the situation, I had no knowledge."

Come to think about it #4 has a very powerful good point - Who could ever ague the point upon a manager making the statement "I had no knowledge."

Just my 2¢ worth on the matter . . .

MaleMan2010-12-22 06:16:37
<font color=RED><em> <center> Just Because You're Paranoid - Doesn't Mean They Aren't Out To Get You. </em> </center></font>
retiring20soon  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
retiring20soon

To get the POOM's attention explain to him in writing the issues of concerns. If the P00M does not respond just call the District Managers office and explain that you tried to follow the chain of command but did not get a response. Most importantly, explain to the DM that you want to keep these concerns within the USPS but if no one responds you will be doing a congressional inquiry.  Watch how fast the POOM responds back to you.

retiring20soon  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:56:03 PM(UTC)
retiring20soon

Congressional inquiries really gets the USPS managements attention if all else fails. You have the right to write your congressperson just like you have the right to speak with the Postmasters boss. Do not back down. Next time you call the POOM's office I bet you get an answer after the CI.

retiring20soon  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:09:23 PM(UTC)
retiring20soon

Rosey wrote:
You cannot be 'written up' for going over the Postmasters head. If you do not get the information or the answers you feel you need from the Postmaster, contact their manager, the POOM.

If your PM has a directive that states that if you go over their head on anything, you will receive discipline, take it to the District Manager.  A policy such as that is BS.
Rosey,

Several years ago I was given a PDI for writing my District Manager. The PM wanted a letter of warning to be issued by her supervisor. Therefore, I called a friend from NY, Vince P and he said it was all BS. Just a scare tactic. We got the attention of USPSHQ and they really helped the situation. The USPS would benefit extremely from an open door policy not the closed door policy some managers have for employees concerns.

merrymerry6  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:31:18 AM(UTC)
merrymerry6

It's about time some gutless sheep who work for the PO learned that they are not in the military and they should stop acting like they are. I am constantly hearing stuff like "You can't question a direct order; do it now and grieve it later" from stewards, and that just promotes the ridiculous postal way of thinking. When a supervisor barks "That's a direct order!" to me, I say, "I'm not in the army, and you're not my commanding officer. You're a supervisor, and I'm an intelligent employee who needs to understand what's going on in order to do my work. I have the right to question anything you do that makes it harder for me to do my job or makes it unsafe for me to do my job."

This pisses them off and they've tried to discipline me several times, but they've never gotten away with it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed