Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gonepostal2008  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:38:59 AM(UTC)
gonepostal2008

Groups: Registered

I have a few questions. A few because I cannot remember last year and then one new one.

When do you/we generally receive our w2's and are they mailed or handed to us in the office? (I am a RCA, if it matters.)

Also, I have read that some businesses will display w2's on-line as well for their employees. Does anyone know if USPS does this?

Thanks a bunch! :)

boober  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:52:50 AM(UTC)
boober

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

From what I recall I've usually gotten mine it seems somewhere around the 20th or so of January. They should be mailed to your home, presumably where ever it is that your pay stubs are mailed to? Maybe a PO box if you have 1? USPS does display the W2's online, they currently only have 2009's up. Not sure if and when they'll get around to the 2010's. It'd be really cool if we had access to that before we actually got it in the mail. As far as where to go online for your W2, if you have ever accessed Lite Blue before, that's where they have em posted for your viewing pleasure. Hug

Here's the link to Lite Blue... http://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/myportal/Home

Once there, click on Postal Ease

boober2011-01-02 17:58:33
[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1706490624/hAE2AE657/[/img]
Window Clerk  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:26:22 PM(UTC)
Window Clerk

boober wrote:

From what I recall I've usually gotten mine it seems somewhere around the 20th or so of January. They should be mailed to your home, presumably where ever it is that your pay stubs are mailed to? Maybe a PO box if you have 1? USPS does display the W2's online, they currently only have 2009's up. Not sure if and when they'll get around to the 2010's. It'd be really cool if we had access to that before we actually got it in the mail. As far as where to go online for your W2, if you have ever accessed Lite Blue before, that's where they have em posted for your viewing pleasure. Hug

Here's the link to Lite Blue... http://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/myportal/Home

Once there, click on Postal Ease

From the site...

This module is for viewing and/or printing W-2 information. W-2 information for the year 2009 is currently available online.

In addition, you may request W-2 information from any of the last 7 years to be reprinted on an official document and mailed to you. To request this service, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Continue.

The W-2 reprint process is performed weekly, except during the months of March
and April, when it is performed daily. During pay periods 01 - 03
(approximately mid-December through the end of January), the W-2 request for
mailing process will not be available. However, viewing of current information will still be available online.

For questions about direct deposit or payroll adjustments, or for other questions
regarding W-2s, contact the Accounting Help Desk at: 1-866-974-2733, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm EST.

Please ensure your address of record is correct in the system before contacting the Accounting Help Desk.

NEVERTHOUGHTIDBEAMAILMAN  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:16:54 AM(UTC)
NEVERTHOUGHTIDBEAMAILMAN

Somewhat on the topic:

Due to last minute law changes, anyone affected by the information below should wait until at least mid February to file taxes.  It will take that long for the IRS (and any tax software companies) to update the their programs. 

The IRS will announce a specific date, but I'm waiting until the end of February to avoid having to amend my return later.

From myfederalretirement.com:

According to the IRS, taxpayers will need to wait to file if they are within any of the following three categories:

• Taxpayers claiming itemized deductions on Schedule A. Itemized deductions
    include mortgage interest, charitable deductions, medical and dental expenses as
    well as state and local taxes. In addition, itemized deductions include the
    state and local general sales tax deduction extended in the Tax Relief,
    Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 enacted
    Dec. 17, which primarily benefits people living in areas without state and local
    income taxes and is claimed on Schedule A, Line 5. Because of late Congressional
    action to enact tax law changes, anyone who itemizes and files a Schedule A will
    need to wait to file until mid- to late February.
  • Taxpayers claiming the Higher Education Tuition and Fees Deduction. This
    deduction for parents and students -- covering up to $4,000 of tuition and fees
    paid to a post-secondary institution -- is claimed on Form 8917. However, the
    IRS emphasized that there will be no delays for millions of parents and students
    who claim other education credits, including the American Opportunity Tax Credit
    and Lifetime Learning Credit.
  • Taxpayers claiming the Educator Expense Deduction. This deduction is for
    kindergarten through grade 12 educators with out-of-pocket classroom expenses of
    up to $250. The educator expense deduction is claimed on Form 1040, Line 23, and Form 1040A, Line 16.

drb2  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:20:46 AM(UTC)
drb2

also saw in that article, or one similar, that if one uses TurboTax, you can file whenever & they'll hold it til the appropriate time
boober  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 1:30:56 AM(UTC)
boober

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Good info you 2, thanks for the heads up.  Clap
[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1706490624/hAE2AE657/[/img]
Rss Feed  Atom Feed