Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

35 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scout0315  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:46:48 PM(UTC)
Scout0315

Groups: Registered

AG just announced a hiring freeze effective Jan 21.....FYI

"From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")
Dulci  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 7:39:19 PM(UTC)
Dulci

I accepted a tentative offer on 1/21/10, pending BI.  I wonder what this means for me and others in my situation. . .
chrisosa  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:20:58 PM(UTC)
chrisosa

Dulci wrote:
I accepted a tentative offer on 1/21/10, pending BI.  I wonder what this means for me and others in my situation. . .
1/21/2010 or  1/21/2011?
CPAGator  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:45:44 PM(UTC)
CPAGator

Hmm, yeah received a TO in November 2010 and currently in the last stages of the BI.  Wonder how this will impact things.
Gen Patton  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:10:07 PM(UTC)
Gen Patton

Well, at least I know I have, at minimum, about a years worth of prep time to score even higher on my PFT. Smile Cry
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
hjajck  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:58:02 AM(UTC)
hjajck

I am in the same boat.  Interviewed in July 2010, received my TO in August 2010, awaiting adjudication on my BI.
birdy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:12:48 AM(UTC)
birdy

unfortunately i never even got my application in before the last posting ended...was hoping to get it in soon.. guess not...dreams of being an FBI agent are slowly seeming far fetched..lol
hjajck  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:29:18 AM(UTC)
hjajck

I emailed HR for USMS (where I applied) and they told me it does not affect those already in the hiring process.
hjajck  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:39:52 AM(UTC)
hjajck

Ruanne wrote:
I hope you're right:). 

I hope so too.  Hopefully it is the same across agencies, and it doesn't change.
Dulci  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:29:51 AM(UTC)
Dulci

Sorry for the typo this morning.  I accepted a TO on 1/21/11 for an administrative position with the DOJ.

HeavenSoldier  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:50:29 PM(UTC)
HeavenSoldier

All people who have received conditional job offers (CJO) as of Friday 1/21/11 will remain in the background process but will not receive a EOD until the freeze is lifted. Additionally, all external vacancies are canceled and no EOD's will be scheduled until the freeze is lifted. The new Agent's class on May 09, 2011 will be the last class for FY 2011. The IA hiring goal was reduced to 100, with 81 hires currently. All of this should appear on fbijobs.gov soon. Either wait until the freeze is over, or move on, there are tons of great agencies out there.

Dodge  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:02:19 AM(UTC)
Dodge

HeavenSoldier wrote:

All people who have received conditional job offers (CJO) as of Friday 1/21/11 will remain in the background process but will not receive a EOD until the freeze is lifted. Additionally, all external vacancies are canceled and no EOD's will be scheduled until the freeze is lifted. The new Agent's class on May 09, 2011 will be the last class for FY 2011. The IA hiring goal was reduced to 100, with 81 hires currently. All of this should appear on fbijobs.gov soon. Either wait until the freeze is over, or move on, there are tons of great agencies out there.

For people with conditional offers of employment who are affected by this apparent freeze, do they get their TS clearance at the end of the background during the apparent freeze or not until they begin at Quantico after the apparent freeze is lifted?
LLBeanGIrl  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:32:06 AM(UTC)
LLBeanGIrl

I'm with a DOJ agency and they said if you have your TO before 1/25/11...that's a go. But there will no more new hiring until futher notice. I cancelled a interview I had this week with another DOJ agency and the selecting official said they would probably not be hiring again until 2012!!
Newgrad  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:29:46 AM(UTC)
Newgrad

There will be gov layoffs before too long. Just look at GB. When the house of cards starts completely collapsing and all of this phony recovery garbage talk gets exposed for what it really is, everything will start hitting the fan. No jobs will be secure gov or private sector. Things ARE NOT getting better people. The people saying they are, are the same people who never saw the economic collapse coming in the first place. The major media outlets always love to tell you how great everything is. Double dip within the next 6 months. Stagflation 2.0 coming to a theatre near you.
I'm here to set the record straight, tell the truth about federal hiring, and to expose things for what they really are. -Newgrad
birdy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:54:30 AM(UTC)
birdy

any chance they will somehow be taking applications for SA's again any time in the next few months or do i have to wait until 2012 at earliest now?? ughhh!
boxkicker  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:02:32 PM(UTC)
boxkicker

Newgrad wrote:
There will be gov layoffs before too long. Just look at GB. When the house of cards starts completely collapsing and all of this phony recovery garbage talk gets exposed for what it really is, everything will start hitting the fan. No jobs will be secure gov or private sector. Things ARE NOT getting better people. The people saying they are, are the same people who never saw the economic collapse coming in the first place. The major media outlets always love to tell you how great everything is. Double dip within the next 6 months. Stagflation 2.0 coming to a theatre near you.

They won't be laying off. Just not filling some slots. Basically for every 2 that leaves, they will hire 1.
gatorgirl  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:26:27 PM(UTC)
gatorgirl

I was offered an IA position a year ago. Passed the poly, passed the BI, in Nov 2010 got a congratulations email that I was officially cleared for hire and should get a call from HQ with the start date and location. Yeaaa, after a roller coaster year of waiting. Then later in the month Nov 2010, got a generic email that again said congrats for being cleared for hire, however, we have no budget and if I was still interested to respond to this email and let them know. Then this week get the email from my HR contact that said the freeze was in effect and they did not know how long it would last. How upsetting to have made it this far. Since I did not have an official start date yet, I would be in the freeze status. She said my "cleared for hire" status would be good for one year. Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone else?
If the CR passes a 2011 budget, does that mean the freeze will be lifted and those of us in the process will finally get a job? Anyone with knowledge on the subject, how long do these type freezes last for?
Now I am feeling like I have been waiting years for a job like this, finally get the offer, gone through all the stress waiting the last year, putting my family's life on hold waiting for this job, to get as close as being cleared for hire - possibly all for nothing. So now back to waiting I guess.  Is anyone else in this situation?
Ruanne  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
Ruanne

Gatorgirl, you're not alone. :) Like I said, I was approved for hire in August but no placement yet. I ALMOST had a placement JUST before the Hiring Freeze went into effect.

There's a whole mess of us stuck in the same boat. Come to the thread FBI Intel Analyst DC HQ. It started two years ago but it's still going.
JayhawkFan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:12:49 AM(UTC)
JayhawkFan

boxkicker wrote:

They won't be laying off. Just not filling some slots. Basically for every 2 that leaves, they will hire 1.

That won't work here at the BOP.
gatorgirl  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 1:30:42 AM(UTC)
gatorgirl

Ruanne, Thanks for your comment! Like everyone else I wish I had found this "support group" a long time ago. It is really sad how many of us are waiting placement. Your post are very informative and supportive, keep up the good work and I hope you hear something soon! I will be sure to post any info that I hear that might be helpful.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed