Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Red223  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:34:15 AM(UTC)
Red223

Groups: Registered

We are forced under a bargaining agreement with a Union....thanks to President Clinton. The local Union has been trying to get someone in our work area a Union Steward and a new hire jumped on it.

I will leave out our grievances with him....but everyone of us signed a petition to replace him as Union Steward with someone else....the local Union President denied the petition.

I thought we were entitled to choose our Representative under Federal Law??? What happened to being Democratic? Now we have this new hire directing people around and acting like our boss when he is vastly lower ranked than us and just started working here!

Help!!!!!
superdave  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:02:48 AM(UTC)
superdave

You may have to get involved, as apparently you were not prior to this incident. Check either your union bylaws or constitution in regards to elections, selection of officers if nobody is running for election, and how to remove an officer.
Red223  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:23:54 PM(UTC)
Red223

Bylaws says the people can petition for a Steward but it's up to the Union Presidente to approve.

Our Union President is keeping the Steward she appointed....the guy that just got hired.

I think our only other hope is a Decertification Petition to get the Union removed as our bargaining unit.
Red223  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:01:32 PM(UTC)
Red223

A Unfair Labor Practice was filed with the FLRA.

Well see if Union Local's Presidents have "Executive Powers" to pick their own Stewards or if the people pick them.

I think the law says the people pick them.....could be a landmark FLRA decision....

Either in favor of Union power....or the people's.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed