Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aberdeen01  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 10:51:41 PM(UTC)
Aberdeen01

Groups: Registered

I was told through email yesterday that I had been given a "superior qualified" rating for a job that I applied to in mid-February -

Rating: SUPERIOR QUALIFIED (Category A)
Eligible Grades: GS-0303-05
Veteran's Status: NOT A VET
NOTE: Applicants placed in the SUPERIOR QUALIFIED category will be given first consideration.  You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail informing you of the next step in the application process.

Can anyone tell me generally how long it usually takes for HR to choose people for interviews and call them?

nitehumper  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 11:01:42 PM(UTC)
nitehumper

For me its usually been around 2 weeks for an interview after I had been notifed. I wish you luck. Im sure with your qualifications your interview will be a snap.
Keep working..Millions on welfare are depending on you.
waz2020  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:35:04 AM(UTC)
waz2020

Holly crap! I had the same email yesterday of the exact same thing.
elcid89  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:42:43 AM(UTC)
elcid89

Aberdeen01 wrote:

Can anyone tell me generally how long it usually takes for HR to choose people for interviews and call them?

HR will compile a list of folks to send to the selecting official (the person in the agency that will be making the hiring decision). Once the SO has that list, he/she will decide which candidates from it, if any, they wish to further pursue. Sometimes that goes quickly, other times it drags out. It all depends on the SO's needs and how urgent getting the position filled is.
You might be a firefighter if your kids are afraid to get into water fights with you ...
Aberdeen01  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:00:24 AM(UTC)
Aberdeen01

waz - Are we maybe up for the same position? Haha.

waz2020  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:17:27 AM(UTC)
waz2020

Aberdeen01 wrote:

waz - Are we maybe up for the same position? Haha.

Unless yours is at the IRS then yeah, maybe we are Wink
JCready2work  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:42:42 AM(UTC)
JCready2work

As a general rule I always give myself a three week window after the interview before I give up hope on a position. Seems to have worked for me so far, had 7 interviews, (the last one just this morning), and an 8th interview for a position in NYC tomorrow morning. Been at it long enough to realize that alot of the time you dont hear anything back at all but if you are selected you should know by the end of the third week after. Just my personal theory that I use, so take with a grain of salt.

sakijo  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:17:16 AM(UTC)
sakijo

Add on to elcid89:

AFTER the interview, it gets tossed around for god-knows how long as it goes through the process that is HR.  Depending on the volume at that particular HR, it could be days, weeks, or months.  In my experience, if you interviewed and don't get contacted by HR in a week or two, chances are you didn't get it.  Don't bank on this one, keep applying - just to cover all the baases.
thalweg  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:11:09 AM(UTC)
thalweg

Not all jobs have interviews.  The three government positions that I got were all without interviews.  I think it makes sense to be sure you have the right person so I always do interviews when I am hiring but they elected not to when I was selected.
Aberdeen01  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:59:34 PM(UTC)
Aberdeen01

waz2020 - it actually was for the IRS. Have you heard anything back from them?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed