Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

463 Pages«<461462463
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike in VT  
#9241 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 11:30:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PSEtoPTF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mike in VT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Pumas1234 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, at this point I should just take it as a learning experience and never apply to USCIS in the future.

That's probably best. Same goes for most, if not all, federal jobs. I say this as all federal jobs require background investigations and with it, frustration.

My advice to all federal applicants...apply, set it to the back burner and continue on with life. When more steps in the application process present themselves, tackle it at that time. I spent years applying and applying, test after test, waiting and waiting. If someone can't handle that, stick to the private sector. Businesses do things on a much smaller scale and with it, have much smaller turnaround times with the application process.

Anything worth having, is worth doing.

Thank you. Absolutely agree. I spend years applying, there were so many applications I lost count.
When I got it though, from TO to EOD it took 5 months, and it was fast for me, I thought it will take much longer and I did’t hurry with preparations. So I had to rush when I got my EOD, I even pushed it back a little I was not ready.

Similar for me. My first fed job process started with the application in March, interview in April, TO in August and finally the EOD in September. The hiring office gave me the option to delay the EOD since I moved to another region of the country, but I didn't need the extra time. My advice for those moving long distances...just reduce your belongs, know what moving service, or rental truck you'll be using and scout out the location for housing opportunities in advance.

Pumas1234  
#9242 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:58:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Understand what youre saying, Mike in VT, but please miss me with the whole "holier than thou" act.
bp340  
#9243 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:44:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Understand what youre saying, Mike in VT, but please miss me with the whole "holier than thou" act.

Nothing wrong with the advice that he gave.. You may want to switch to Charmin because you seem a little sensitive.

And No you will not be notified if you are found suitable. Federal employees are typically notified of passing a background check when it is uploaded into their eOPF. You can google the acronym now.
Mike in VT  
#9244 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 4:53:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Not holier, just experienced. Besides, you're the one with the "I'll take my ball and go home" response. Specifically, you said, "Thanks, at this point I should just take it as a learning experience and NEVER apply to USCIS in the future."

Honestly, if you find the application process that unbearable, you will not like federal employment. Not being holy with that response. It's helping you out in the long run.
Pumas1234  
#9245 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:40:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike in VT Go to Quoted Post

Not holier, just experienced. Besides, you're the one with the GIANT DONG

Honestly, if you find the application process that unbearable, you will not like federal employment. Not being holy with that response. It's helping you out in the long run.

Dude What???
Rss Feed  Atom Feed