Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

440 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
av.tv  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:26:18 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

It is funny to say that the more information I find out the more questions come to my mind.
I know that we are waiting for the scores but I want to know when we get the scores it is going to be out of 100 and then they will give another score for education and experience or just one score overall. Since there are a lot of people who took the test on April 1st and 2nd, am I going to wait till they get the scores then find out whether or not I was referred?

This waiting game is so hard and seems too long although if you compare to others who have waited for months and even up to a year.

If anyone knows how many vacancies Los Angeles, WTC, has please let us know...

Any info is helpful, thanks.
stonewall32  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:01:52 PM(UTC)

av.tv wrote:
It is funny to say that the more information I find out the more questions come to my mind.
I know that we are waiting for the scores but I want to know when we get the scores it is going to be out of 100 and then they will give another score for education and experience or just one score overall. Since there are a lot of people who took the test on April 1st and 2nd, am I going to wait till they get the scores then find out whether or not I was referred?

This waiting game is so hard and seems too long although if you compare to others who have waited for months and even up to a year.

If anyone knows how many vacancies Los Angeles, WTC, has please let us know...

Any info is helpful, thanks.

If anyone could answer his questions it would be great..

1.  Since there are a lot of people who took the test on April 1st and 2nd, am I going to wait till they get the scores then find out whether or not I was referred? 

2. If anyone knows how many vacancies Los Angeles, WTC, has please let us know...
Mike in VT  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:10:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Stonewall and AVTV,
They will likely not release the NOR until all the test results have been received.  Also, keep in mind that referral does not guarantee an interview.  The process seems to be moving at typical pace.  Waiting months is typical and not really considered slow for the federal process.  Try waiting 2 years!!!
Matt  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:10:16 AM(UTC)
iluvfra

I thought the test wasn't easy! I froze for about 3-4 minutes on the first questions. Yikes! :)

I also would like to admit that the SIZE of the group on 4/2 shocked me.... I walked away after the exam with a smile on my face... thinking "Chances of getting called for an interview are very slim." However, if it is meant to be it will happen.

It really depends on their formula. They cannot possibly go just on the test results.... Education, job experience, test score, all these things must somehow factor in....

Just relax.... it's beyond your control.

Best Wishes to all!

Matt

It's beyond my control now.

stonewall32  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:18:03 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all the responses. I realize that they are moving at a typical pace. I am prepared to wait as I have for all the other federal jobs. But can anyone shed any light on how many vacancies Los Angeles, WTC?
av.tv  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:59:03 AM(UTC)

Yes, I would like to thank also. 

I totally understand that the process is long and could take a few more weeks until we hear from them but reading the old posts I kind of thought it would be the same time frame about 2-3 weeks. 

All we can do is just wait, thats all.

Good luck to everyone and to me :)

If anyone has anything new to say please do, we are anxious and appreciate anything. Thanks 
mc617  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:26:15 AM(UTC)

If my recollection is correct, I believe the original notice on USA Jobs said 12 openings in Los Angeles.
stonewall32  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:52:37 AM(UTC)

Will they fill all 12 vacancies under this same announcement?
av.tv  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:59:15 AM(UTC)

I am sorry but the announcement did not mention anything about the number of vacancies (just said "many vacancies"), you can go and check on USAJOBS by clicking on the status of the application-you will see the announcement.
mc617  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:35:26 AM(UTC)

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I must have it confused with something else.
Kokoro  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:47:59 AM(UTC)

av.tv:

Well, I've heard from one source that there's less than 10 openings--and 2 have already been filled by current federal employees. Yet I haven't confirmed the accuracy of this information. It's tough contacting ISOs working directly in the WTC. It's strict in that department and they are monitored for every little thing they do...

Don't despair! There's a wave of Baby Boomers retiring in the next few years. If we don't make it this time around, we can anticipate widespread openings in the future.

stonewall32  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:34:54 AM(UTC)

How are they filling vacancies without any interviews or results out yet? 
stonewall32  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:44:06 AM(UTC)

Also, will it hurt that I am not located in CA and am targeting that location?
av.tv  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 5:48:47 AM(UTC)

I personally do not think that they have hired anyone for this vacancy yet.  Everyone needs to go through the same process and be interviewed, that's what I think will happen, even if they have people that they want to hire from within.
stonewall32  
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:55:50 PM(UTC)

I hope not..I don't mind to wait but it is frustrating if they are wasting our time with the exam and all and just hiring people without them going through the process..How could we find out the number of vacancies in LA?
av.tv  
#36 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 4:56:23 AM(UTC)

Would anyone advise e-mailing HR contacts to get an answer on the number of vacancies?

Thanks
stonewall32  
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:38:22 PM(UTC)

I don't think it would be a bad idea to be honest with you, it's good to know what we are looking at..
stonewall32  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 12:29:19 AM(UTC)

And if anyone finds out any info about vacancies or any progess in their application, let us know..
stonewall32  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:27:22 AM(UTC)

Has anyone had any luck or updates with the Immigration Services Officer vacancy? Any updates on test scores, interviews, vacancies available??????

av.tv  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:49:28 AM(UTC)

I think everyone is just waiting. Please keep in mind that some people took the test on 04/01 and 04/02. We might be waiting for a few more weeks. Even when you get the scores you still need to wait for NOR to see if you were selected or not. We are all anxious and would like to get it over with but this is government and you need to wait at this point. Being patient is what will get you thought this.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed