Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

459 Pages«<454455456457458>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mukapuka  
#9101 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:44:55 AM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Primadawna what book or manual do they use for training?
SoupGal  
#9102 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:52:23 AM(UTC)
SoupGal

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I received my EOD a couple of days ago starting in early December. Anyone has an idea of a basic training for fiscal 2020? Thanks.
athena79  
#9103 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:30:27 AM(UTC)
athena79

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

What the dress code is for a FO? From a previous post on this forum about five years back, someone said it was formal business attire (suits). Is this still the case?

Thank you!

thanks 1 user thanked athena79 for this useful post.
CaDaShe on 11/10/2019(UTC)
PSEtoPTF  
#9104 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:35:12 AM(UTC)
PSEtoPTF

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: athena79 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

What the dress code is for a FO? From a previous post on this forum about five years back, someone said it was formal business attire (suits). Is this still the case?

Thank you!

I think each office different, I thought that where I am going will be formal business, but I asked they said business casual
thanks 2 users thanked PSEtoPTF for this useful post.
athena79 on 11/10/2019(UTC), CaDaShe on 11/10/2019(UTC)
Mukapuka  
#9105 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:36:28 AM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Athena 79
I went to a the FO for an interview last month and everyone was dressed in business attire. I saw many people with jackets. They want you to dress like this when interviewing the customers.
thanks 1 user thanked Mukapuka for this useful post.
athena79 on 11/10/2019(UTC)
XFed77  
#9106 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:20:05 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: athena79 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Thank you!

When I worked at the Field Office it was a professional dress code. I saw many women with pant suits and some with dresses. Men had at least a dress shirt and a tie. Some offices have different dress codes. What I would do is to go professionally dressed the 1st day. Look to see how the others dress and also ask your Supervisor.

Good luck!
thanks 2 users thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
CaDaShe on 11/10/2019(UTC), athena79 on 11/10/2019(UTC)
inbetweenjobs  
#9107 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
inbetweenjobs

United States

Originally Posted by: inbetweenjobs Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TexFed77 Go to Quoted Post

Has anyone received a Tentative Offer for the last ISO Mass Hiring announcement for the

Vermont Service Center, Announcement # CIS-10533432-SCO that closed 07/12/2019?

Thanks

Wondering this myself. Interview was done mid September, but was told it could take 30-60 days.

I also applied for the ISO position at Laguna Niguel, CA service center and have gone through the all the written exercises and the quick 5 minute interview. That was first week of September. They said could be up to 90 days.

I guess just playing the waiting game, best of luck to all!

Just a follow up to my own post. I received a TO from the VSC. Est it took just about 90 days from announcement closure.

Question I have is would me accepting this TO stop other applications I have pending in other centers? I've gone through all the steps for the California Service Center as well and I'm fairly confident I'll get a TO from them given the time allotted, however their timeline is much longer and they seem to be moving very slow. CSC is little more preferred as I'm already a So-Cal resident. Since that position is not guaranteed, I can't let the VSC opportunity go but at the same time don't want that to suddenly stop because I accepted this TO.

Anyone who's gone through similar experience, feedback would be much appreciated.

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:21:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#9108 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 12:09:35 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Has anyone received a Tentative Offer for the last ISO Mass Hiring announcement for the

Thanks

Wondering this myself. Interview was done mid September, but was told it could take 30-60 days.

I also applied for the ISO position at Laguna Niguel, CA service center and have gone through the all the written exercises and the quick 5 minute interview. That was first week of September. They said could be up to 90 days.

Just a follow up to my own post. I received a TO from the VSC. Est it took just about 90 days from announcement closure.

Question I have is would me accepting this TO stop other applications I have pending in other centers? I've gone through all the steps for the California Service Center as well and I'm fairly confident I'll get a TO from them given the time allotted, however their timeline is much longer and they seem to be moving very slow. CSC is little more preferred as I'm already a So-Cal resident. Since that position is not guaranteed, I can't let the VSC opportunity go but at the same time don't want that to suddenly stop because I accepted this TO.

Anyone who's gone through similar experience, feedback would be much appreciated.

Hello there!

Thank You for the private message and Congratulations on your TO for the Vermont Service Center!

As far as a similar experience goes, when I first became an ISO 1 I received a TO from one office and then a TO from another office the following week. I accepted the latter. The TO says that if you have received a previous TO to let them know. I do not think that they stop issuing TOs if you have applied to different positions around the same time and one comes after the other. I heard coworkers say that they had received a TO from one office and then a TO weeks later from another. I do remember that when I reported to work on my accepted EOD date, I had other jobs that I applied for not give me TOs. I do not know if that was just a coincidence or it was that after you start working on your EOD date they stop all other TOs.

Just wanted to share my real-life experience. I hope someone in Human Resources or who has gone through an EOD date and then received a TO posts here.

I hope it works out for you and the CSC gives you a TO before you have to relocate to Vermont. If it doesn't work out that way, I would suggest that if you go to Vermont and there is still an opportunity that the CSC can hire you soon after, do not get into a long term lease in Vermont. Try to get a month to month in an apt. or apt. hotel so that you don't have to break a lease and spend all that money if you are eventually offered the CSC position.

Good luck!
Dawn123  
#9109 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 9:51:32 AM(UTC)
Dawn123

United States

Hi all,

Does anyone know the parking situation for Los Angeles Field Office and dress code? Is it business attire or bussiness casual.

Thank you,
Oceania  
#9110 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 8:36:01 AM(UTC)
Oceania

Has anyone who applied for Asylum vacancies in SF received an email invitation for interview?
zizzer  
#9111 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 5:44:04 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I received a pre-interview questionnaire on 11/08 for ISO 2 in Yakima, WA, I sent it on the following day (deadline was 11/12). How long may it take to be scheduled for an interview?
zizzer  
#9112 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 5:45:29 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Originally Posted by: Oceania Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone who applied for Asylum vacancies in SF received an email invitation for interview?

Still nothing for Miami and Arlington.

Hampton121  
#9113 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:21:35 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zizzer Go to Quoted Post
I received a pre-interview questionnaire on 11/08 for ISO 2 in Yakima, WA, I sent it on the following day (deadline was 11/12). How long may it take to be scheduled for an interview?

I received it too, but decided not to go forward with the questionaire since there is no relocation expenses authorized
XFed77  
#9114 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:41:33 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

I received it too, but decided not to go forward with the questionaire since there is no relocation expenses authorized

USCIS never pays relocation expenses unless it's for specific management positions, which are very rare, or it's another agency with a special announcement for a position with a critical need. Do not wait on relocation expenses for ISO positions. You'll waste your time.

Mike in VT  
#9115 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:17:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

USCIS never pays relocation expenses unless it's for specific management positions, which are very rare, or it's another agency with a special announcement for a position with a critical need. Do not wait on relocation expenses for ISO positions. You'll waste your time.

This exactly. HROC has plenty of candidates in line who are more than willing to pay their own relocation expenses to get the job.
zizzer  
#9116 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:16:09 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

I received another writing assessment invite but this time it was a Vantage one - instead of the Wonderlic. I like the fact that this assessment immediately gave my score. It was for Lees Summit.
Destiny  
#9117 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:02:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Thanks

I would contact HR and ask to have your EOD pushed back to stall and see if that CSC TO comes through. Since it is the holidays I'm sure you can come up with something to stall, besides that, a lot of people take off at the end of the year for various reasons so try to stall them out.

Accepting any offer has no effect on others so you are fine.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:03:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HopeToCompete  
#9118 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:27:44 AM(UTC)
HopeToCompete

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Thanks

Congrats on getting an interview with Laguna Nigel, they wouldn't even refer me!

Accepting a TO does not preclude you from getting another TO, however for USCIS they only allow you have one tentative offer with them at a time. Meaning if the CSC extends a TO, if you accept that one it will cancel your VSC TO. I'm still waiting for an EOD from the VSC myself, I figure it won't be till next year with the holidays and all.
TexVet33  
#9119 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2019 8:10:42 AM(UTC)
TexVet33

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just did the Vantage essay for the ISO 1 posting in Dallas, Texas. Has anyone else done this recently?
zizzer  
#9120 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:53:47 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Originally Posted by: TexVet33 Go to Quoted Post
I just did the Vantage essay for the ISO 1 posting in Dallas, Texas. Has anyone else done this recently?

I did for ISO 2 for Lee's Summit, it seems that they moved from Wonderlic to Vantage. What is your score? Mine 4/6.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed