Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

463 Pages«<458459460461462>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
XFed77  
#9181 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 5:20:54 PM(UTC)
XFed77

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cisgirl Go to Quoted Post
Hello All!

I recently applied for the Immigration Services Analyst position at TSC in Dallas that opened back in December. I currently work for USCIS as an immigration analyst but at a different location. I had an interview 2 days ago but i think i failed it.

I noticed on the email that there were 10 slots for interviews and 9 vacancies on the announcement.

Even though i bombed my interview, Do you guys think i still have a chance since i'm already an analyst in USCIS? How's life as an analyst at TSC?

Thanks!

You never know; you might have passed the interview. Sometimes we are tougher on ourselves than we should.

There are times that having a great interview is essential to land a position. Other times, if they love everything about your experience/background, interviews are just formalities. You might have a shot. Don't count yourself out just yet.

XFed77  
#9182 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:44:12 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Hi Oceania,

Your Inbox is full.

Hope everything is well!
Medic17  
#9183 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:34:01 AM(UTC)
Medic17

United States

Originally Posted by: eryus Go to Quoted Post
Hi, everyone. Good news! I sent email to USCIS HR about application status. I applied ISO1 on California Service Center. Today they replied me that many service centers are not currently affected by any hiring freeze include Laguna Niguel. So just being patient!

Thank you for confirming what wrote I a few says ago. Some people cannot stand to be corrected. They will have to leave that attitude out the door if they want to be a successful Officer.
Pumas1234  
#9184 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 4:30:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Medic17 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, everyone. Good news! I sent email to USCIS HR about application status. I applied ISO1 on California Service Center. Today they replied me that many service centers are not currently affected by any hiring freeze include Laguna Niguel. So just being patient!

Thank you for confirming what wrote I a few says ago. Some people cannot stand to be corrected. They will have to leave that attitude out the door if they want to be a successful Officer.

But first, we will need to avoid having our offers rescinded due to a political stunt. : )
inbetweenjobs  
#9185 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:31:44 PM(UTC)
inbetweenjobs

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't think they are effected by the freeze, they however have slowed down their hiring and on boarding. They're working at a very slow pace, and there seems to be restructuring going on as well due to (from what I hear) new management. This was a super bummer for me because I am pretty sure I nailed everything and would have gotten an offer from CSC (I lived in Southern California).

I was however given an offer from VSC which I accepted.

I got the TO back in November from VSC and I received the EOD email mid December and I selected Feb 3rd, 2020. No one from VSC or HR mentioned anything about freezes. In fact, I received a welcome to VSC email few days back. VSC also posted announcements for ISO recently. They have 3 service locations in the state now so they're definitely expanding and my guess is they actually need people.

I've moved from CA to Vermont last week, and I'm ready to take on this job come Monday. I want to thank everyone here for their support and help. Hang in there everyone! your date will come soon too. Don't give up!

Edited by user Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:32:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked inbetweenjobs for this useful post.
The_Star_Card on 1/30/2020(UTC), zizzer on 2/6/2020(UTC)
Mike in VT  
#9186 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 4:14:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: inbetweenjobs Go to Quoted Post

I don't think they are effected by the freeze, they however have slowed down their hiring and on boarding. They're working at a very slow pace, and there seems to be restructuring going on as well due to (from what I hear) new management. This was a super bummer for me because I am pretty sure I nailed everything and would have gotten an offer from CSC (I lived in Southern California).

I was however given an offer from VSC which I accepted.

I got the TO back in November from VSC and I received the EOD email mid December and I selected Feb 3rd, 2020. No one from VSC or HR mentioned anything about freezes. In fact, I received a welcome to VSC email few days back. VSC also posted announcements for ISO recently. They have 3 service locations in the state now so they're definitely expanding and my guess is they actually need people.

I've moved from CA to Vermont last week, and I'm ready to take on this job come Monday. I want to thank everyone here for their support and help. Hang in there everyone! your date will come soon too. Don't give up!

Actually, we're not expanding. The three locations are due to us being overcrowded. We're at 99% position capacity.

cisgirl  
#9187 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:49:16 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anybody applied for the Immigration Services Analyst position in Dallas Texas back in December? Have you heard anything?
The_Star_Card  
#9188 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:49:22 AM(UTC)
The_Star_Card

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anybody applied for the Immigration Services Analyst position in Dallas Texas back in December? Have you heard anything?

I took the Vanatage test for it... beyond that ive heard nothing.
cisgirl  
#9189 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 7:09:35 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Hi guys!

Just checking again to see if anyone heard back from Dallas for the Immigration Service Analyst position that opened back in December? It's been a month since my interview and I'm just curious to know whether anyone has heard back with a TO?

Thanks!
Mukapuka  
#9190 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 5:21:02 PM(UTC)
Mukapuka

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 19 post(s)
There is a hiring freeze since December 22
cisgirl  
#9191 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:16:23 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

Originally Posted by: Mukapuka Go to Quoted Post
There is a hiring freeze since December 22

Does this affect service centers?
Mukapuka  
#9192 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:20:21 AM(UTC)
Mukapuka

For some service centers yes. I interviewed for one in January in DC area and no word. I have emailed them and they have not replied. Some are under a freeze. Except for Asylum offices.
cisgirl  
#9193 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:57:03 AM(UTC)
cisgirl

For some service centers yes. I interviewed for one in January in DC area and no word. I have emailed them and they have not replied. Some are under a freeze. Except for Asylum offices.

Thanks for the info. i interviewed in January also. Hopefully the freeze is lifted soon.
XFed77  
#9194 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 7:07:00 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Hello,

If you read the thread: "Hiring freeze 2019", you will see that one of our fellow forum members stated a few days ago that he/she heard through the grapevine that there is also a hiring freeze for the Service Centers.

Initially, it was stated that only the Field Offices Directorate was under the Hiring Freeze, through emails sent to only a few of us who are going through the ISO hiring process. I believe individuals who had received a TO or an EOD date received this email on or close to 12/22 or 12/23/2019. It was not announced to the general public, Congress or the Media the way that the general hiring freeze was announced when Trump became POTUS in 2017.

It has been kept in a low profile, clear as mud, for some reason. I believe it is because of political reasons.

The Agency that processes Legal Residence, Citizenship, and other Immigration Benefits, the USCIS, has a hiring freeze while the
Enforcement Agencies like ICE, CBP, and Border Patrol are going through a hiring frenzy. It seems like an anti-immigrant action to show supporters/base.

USCIS is self-funded and there is no proof that they are going through financial constraints, while the other aforementioned enforcement agencies received less than the requested funds in appropriations by Congress for the FY 2020.

Recently, others who are internal employees have stated on the same thread that they have had Town Hall/s in which they have been informed of the Hiring Freeze. A lot of stuff is being kept from the public/Congress for some political reason like the diversion of military funds for the Wall, etc.

I and others have been contacted by media members regarding this matter. I hope they notify Congress and this freeze is either publicly announced, like it should be to make it official/legal, or that they resume with the hiring and stop diverting funds from USCIS to these other agencies in a secret/unethical matter to advance their political interests.

I hope all this behavior stops because unfortunately Tax Dollars are being used for political reasons, like a Super Pac and us, who are waiting for the ISO hiring process, are in the middle of another Hot Mess...

Mukapuka  
#9195 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 7:21:59 AM(UTC)
Mukapuka

👏🏽🙌🏾
XFed77  
#9196 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 7:54:33 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: Megs2693 Go to Quoted Post
I work at the service center in Lee's Summit. There is a hiring freeze that is affecting service centers and field offices. Everyone who was offered a position with a start date before December 22nd came on board. All others are in a holding pattern indefinitely until the freeze is lifted. There is zero information out there on how long this will last. Lots of speculation on this board as to why but no one knows the real reason other than typical government bureaucracy and incompetence.

I agree with the: "There is zero information out there on how long this will last."

That is what's wrong with all this. To be fair, other hiring freezes have been public knowledge, like the one that started 01/2017 under this same administration. But this one, happening on an election year, has been kept low profile. I can't think of any other reason than politics.

USCIS, the Dept. of Homeland Security agency that grants legal residence/citizenship/immigration benefits to immigrants who qualify, that is self funded, has an under the radar hiring freeze with no indication/public knowledge/reports that they have financial constraints.

ICE, Border Patrol, CBP, the Homeland Security Enforcement agencies used to arrest/detain/control immigration check points, are hiring more than ever.

It seems the Administration is trying to appease their anti-immigrant base. If this is the case, it's unethical/wrong, to say the least, and it's affecting many individuals who have nothing to do with politics who just want to start working/serve their country through the federal government.

Bros1980  
#9197 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 12:34:55 PM(UTC)
Bros1980

1.so why aren't asylum offices effected by the hiring freeze?

2. Is the job of an assistant any different from a field office vs an asylum office?

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 12:36:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JDSIII  
#9198 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 1:16:06 PM(UTC)
JDSIII

Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Finally made it official: Trump Freezes Hiring for Immigrant Services
Employees who received job offer letters are now left in limbo. https://www.govexec.com/...migrant-services/163282/
XFed77  
#9199 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 1:50:27 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: JDSIII Go to Quoted Post
Finally made it official: Trump Freezes Hiring for Immigrant Services
Employees who received job offer letters are now left in limbo. https://www.govexec.com/...migrant-services/163282/

It is actually not official. This is an article by a Reporter for the "Government Executive" of Atlantic Media, based out of Washington D.C. who came into the forums and asked many of us what's happening with this hiring freeze.

He's outing the Administration.

I hope things happen from now on or at least Congress does something about it.

People have lost a lot of many, moved and then had to move back, a real disaster for many! Not surprising.

This Administration is a HOT MESS!

https://www.govexec.com/...migrant-services/163282/
PSEtoPTF  
#9200 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:09:15 PM(UTC)
PSEtoPTF

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bros1980 Go to Quoted Post

1.so why aren't asylum offices effected by the hiring freeze?

2. Is the job of an assistant any different from a field office vs an asylum office?

Idk why asylum is not affected.
But, for the second question- yes. Field office IO does family based immigration, naturalization, AOS etc. Asylum officer does different types of “fear screenings” (let’s put it this way) that usually done by the phone, and affirmative asylum interviews (in person).
Rss Feed  Atom Feed