Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

466 Pages«<462463464465466>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sajoma_Girl  
#9261 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 7:10:56 AM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Happy Sunday everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update, I just noticed my dashboard says onboarding for the announcement ESC-2022-0031 (Vermont). Please check your dashboard, I wish you all the best, and I hope you also get the offer soon.
thanks 1 user thanked Sajoma_Girl for this useful post.
XFed77 on 8/21/2022(UTC)
XFed77  
#9262 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 8:40:34 AM(UTC)
XFed77

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 287
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sajoma_Girl Go to Quoted Post
Happy Sunday everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update, I just noticed my dashboard says onboarding for the announcement ESC-2022-0031 (Vermont). Please check your dashboard, I wish you all the best, and I hope you also get the offer soon.


Happy Sunday!

Good news! You will be an Immigration Service Officer soon!

A Tentative Job Offer email is the next action for you.

Congratulations!

Nick
thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
Sajoma_Girl on 8/21/2022(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl  
#9263 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 10:34:01 AM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sajoma_Girl Go to Quoted Post
Happy Sunday everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update, I just noticed my dashboard says onboarding for the announcement ESC-2022-0031 (Vermont). Please check your dashboard, I wish you all the best, and I hope you also get the offer soon.


Happy Sunday!

Good news! You will be an Immigration Service Officer soon!

A Tentative Job Offer email is the next action for you.

Congratulations!

Nick


Thank you very much! I wish you the best, and I hope you get it soon.
Reinvented  
#9264 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2022 4:14:07 PM(UTC)
Reinvented

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 274

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Has anyone received contact or status regarding the Potomac Service Center ISO 1 external and internal announcements?

They closed on 4/7/2022 and 4/15/2022 respectively. It's been a while...



Cmarva123  
#9265 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
Cmarva123

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2022(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Chicago

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I haven't heard anything from Potomac or Vermont (besides the supervisor req and written exam).
thanks 1 user thanked Cmarva123 for this useful post.
Reinvented on 8/24/2022(UTC)
AGVT23  
#9266 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 5:17:45 AM(UTC)
AGVT23

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 67

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Good morning,
Just an FYI, PSC offers appear to be imminent. If you look on the onboarding site, you can see if you will be offered a position.
Reinvented  
#9267 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 10:38:14 AM(UTC)
Reinvented

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 274

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AGVT23 Go to Quoted Post
Good morning,
Just an FYI, PSC offers appear to be imminent. If you look on the onboarding site, you can see if you will be offered a position.


Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing that. Is that for the internal or external announcement? I applied for both. Mine still shows onboarding for the position I was hired a few months ago. They didn't update it. Hopefully that doesn't affect me. I'm an ISO in another office but want the PSC position. Was referred for both, high score on the Writing Assessment, etc.

floridaMIA  
#9268 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2022 12:39:08 PM(UTC)
floridaMIA

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/29/2022(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: Florida

Good day everyone,

I applied for ISO1 for NSC, I already took the writing test (5/6) and my application was referred to HROC in Vermont. Do you know how long would it take to offer position?
If position is offered, usually how long does NSC security check takes? I believe those are the steps before the EOD and NEOP in Lincoln, correct?
I really appreciate your insights to Selection Process, ISO-1 vacancy. NSC-2022-0031.
XFed77  
#9269 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2022 4:11:49 PM(UTC)
XFed77

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 287
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AGVT23 Go to Quoted Post
Good morning,
Just an FYI, PSC offers appear to be imminent. If you look on the onboarding site, you can see if you will be offered a position.


Is it for ISO 1 or ISO 2 that you're referring to?

Has anyone on this forum had the onboarding button appear for PSC? I talked to a few people who applied and they haven't yet.

AGVT23  
#9270 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2022 9:30:07 AM(UTC)
AGVT23

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/21/2017(UTC)
Posts: 67

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I’m referring to 0025
Myfed23  
#9271 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 5:44:05 PM(UTC)
Myfed23

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/12/2022(UTC)
Posts: 1

Originally Posted by: AGVT23 Go to Quoted Post
I’m referring to 0025


Hey can you please share your timeline? I did the writing assessment and reference checks in July for this announcement and suddenly my dashboard status went from best qualified/referred to ineligible due to lack of education/experience. Confused because I'm already a GS9, step 10 ISO and was a prior 13 with CBP.
XFed77  
#9272 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 4:54:29 PM(UTC)
XFed77

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 287
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Today I did my routine check of the status of my application, looked at my dashboard, and saw the onboarding button for the PSC.

Announcement: PSC-2022-0025

I wish everyone the best!

Edited by user Friday, September 16, 2022 4:56:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sajoma_Girl  
#9273 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 12:55:34 PM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Congratulations!!! Best of luck :)

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Today I did my routine check of the status of my application, looked at my dashboard, and saw the onboarding button for the PSC.

Announcement: PSC-2022-0025

I wish everyone the best!


XFed77  
#9274 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 1:07:04 PM(UTC)
XFed77

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 287
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sajoma_Girl Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations!!! Best of luck :)

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Today I did my routine check of the status of my application, looked at my dashboard, and saw the onboarding button for the PSC.

Announcement: PSC-2022-0025

I wish everyone the best!




Thanks!

I wish you the best also!!!
thanks 2 users thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
Sajoma_Girl on 9/18/2022(UTC), Cmarva123 on 9/19/2022(UTC)
kingkdotg  
#9275 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 1:48:41 AM(UTC)
kingkdotg

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/12/2022(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks: 1 times
Anyone application switched to no comment? Mines switched during the weekend while I was in the middle of checking my application status
XFed77  
#9276 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 11:25:50 AM(UTC)
XFed77

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 287
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 84 post(s)

My Announcement#: PSC-2022-0025 Timeline:

09/16/2022 - "Onboarding" for PSC showed up on my Dashboard.
09/19 - Tentative Job Offer - Informed it's "Remote". Accepted.
09/21 - Contacted for EOD dates. Will start next month.

*** Already an ISO so did not have to wait for the Background Investigation, it can take a few weeks/months for new employees***

Good luck to all!
thanks 1 user thanked XFed77 for this useful post.
Sajoma_Girl on 9/26/2022(UTC)
BryceWayne  
#9277 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 5:25:53 PM(UTC)
BryceWayne

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/25/2022(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just wanted to provide some context for what's happening with the Potomac Service Center (PSC) ISO1 listing and ISO1 openings in general.

I onboarded as an ISO1 at the Texas Service Center (TSC) in mid-June. I received a Tentative Offer for the PSC listing during the first full week of July. I declined as I had already started basically the same job at another service center. If they're still sending offers and onboarding people now, that means they accepted a lot of applications and are still working their way through them as the agency has been shortstaffed for a while.

Usually, the six-weeks Basic Immigration Law Academy Course is conducted at FLETC in Charleston, South Carolina. However, apparently for the last two years, many/most USCIS training classes (for a variety of purposes, not just Basic ISO) were done online. TSC onboarded a large group of ISOs at the same time, so we attended Basic Academy locally. No matter where you attend Basic ISO Academy, you should be prepared for a rigorous and tough academic session. You have to average a certain percentage across your tests and pass other required elements. You get withdrawn from the program if it's mathematically impossible to pass.

There has not been any mention of TSC hosting Basic Academy again in the near future, though it could happen. From what I understand, there will be another Basic Academy in Charleston starting in October, though the roster is probably full at this point. I imagine the next one after that would take place in 2023 to avoid interruptions during the holiday season.

And yes, I use a number one after ISO. ISO1s can become supervisors or ISO2s after they reach GS-09. This depends on what kind of career you want to have with the agency.

Hope this helps!
thanks 1 user thanked BryceWayne for this useful post.
Sajoma_Girl on 9/26/2022(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl  
#9278 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 10:31:51 AM(UTC)
Sajoma_Girl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 23 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thank you very much for the detailed information/update. I am still waiting for my EOD for the VSC... Hopefully before next year.


Originally Posted by: BryceWayne Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to provide some context for what's happening with the Potomac Service Center (PSC) ISO1 listing and ISO1 openings in general.

I onboarded as an ISO1 at the Texas Service Center (TSC) in mid-June. I received a Tentative Offer for the PSC listing during the first full week of July. I declined as I had already started basically the same job at another service center. If they're still sending offers and onboarding people now, that means they accepted a lot of applications and are still working their way through them as the agency has been shortstaffed for a while.

Usually, the six-weeks Basic Immigration Law Academy Course is conducted at FLETC in Charleston, South Carolina. However, apparently for the last two years, many/most USCIS training classes (for a variety of purposes, not just Basic ISO) were done online. TSC onboarded a large group of ISOs at the same time, so we attended Basic Academy locally. No matter where you attend Basic ISO Academy, you should be prepared for a rigorous and tough academic session. You have to average a certain percentage across your tests and pass other required elements. You get withdrawn from the program if it's mathematically impossible to pass.

There has not been any mention of TSC hosting Basic Academy again in the near future, though it could happen. From what I understand, there will be another Basic Academy in Charleston starting in October, though the roster is probably full at this point. I imagine the next one after that would take place in 2023 to avoid interruptions during the holiday season.

And yes, I use a number one after ISO. ISO1s can become supervisors or ISO2s after they reach GS-09. This depends on what kind of career you want to have with the agency.

Hope this helps!


BryceWayne  
#9279 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 3:06:54 PM(UTC)
BryceWayne

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/25/2022(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sajoma_Girl Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much for the detailed information/update. I am still waiting for my EOD for the VSC... Hopefully before next year.


You're welcome. :)

I think they'll keep onboarding people through at least the end of October, just to keep things moving. After that, they may wait until January to avoid the mess of scheduling new hire tasks during the holiday season.
thanks 1 user thanked BryceWayne for this useful post.
Sajoma_Girl on 9/27/2022(UTC)
Thatswhatshesaid  
#9280 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:35:51 PM(UTC)
Thatswhatshesaid

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2022(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States
Location: California

I recieved the same onboarding button for this same job announcement on Aug 31. Its been there for nearly 4 weeks and I have not recieved a TO. I have tried reaching out to HROC a few times and each time is not helpful. Not sure what to make of it all :(


Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post

My Announcement#: PSC-2022-0025 Timeline:

09/16/2022 - "Onboarding" for PSC showed up on my Dashboard.
09/19 - Tentative Job Offer - Informed it's "Remote". Accepted.
09/21 - Contacted for EOD dates. Will start next month.

*** Already an ISO so did not have to wait for the Background Investigation, it can take a few weeks/months for new employees***

Good luck to all!


Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
466 Pages«<462463464465466>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.168 seconds.