Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tama1957  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 4:58:10 AM(UTC)
tama1957

Groups: Registered

Below is what I sent to the customer service email at DSS and finally received a response on the 29th of Mar 2011. This was my third email to them.
I was informed on the 29th of March the final report was received an has been forwarded to the Personnel Clearance Division for action. Yet another office that you cannot call to find out the status or how long it will take them to figure out this incident should have never been entered in JPAS. I've spoken to over twenty security professional and each and everyone cannot believe I was terminated for the incident and number two why did the former company even feel they needed to submit an incident report if there was NEVER a compromise of classified material. On top of that, there was never any work of any kind being performed at this site due to the fact they'd never won a classified contract.
If there is anyone on this site that can help me push this through I'd be so greatful. Worse part, what's happened to me can happen to anyone if you have a boss that has it out for you.

To who it may concern,
I wasn't sure what office to contact because I've yet to have any luck
finding out the status of the final incident report that was supposedly
faxed to (614) 827-1544, once on the 17th of March and again on the 21st
of March due to the fax line being down on the 16th & 17th.(Of course nothing posted to the DSS website telling everyone they needed to resubmit any paperwork that was faxed either of those days).
The company that had submitted the initial incident report of myself
(CCCCCC CCCCC Corp, cage code XXXXX) on December 1, 2010 and
sent the final on the 17th and again on the 21st.
It stated in the final report "No compromise of classified material" and
CTC considered the case closed and no further action required.
Due to this report just now being submitted I have lost my position with
IXXXXXTT (cage code XXXXX) and another company XXX (cage code XXXXX) has
submitted a letter of compelling need requesting the final report be
taken care of due to an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. A position
that cannot be filled by myself until the final incident report has been
taken care of and my JPAS screen no longer shows up in red.
This entire incident has taken a financial toll on myself and my family.
I've had a couple interviews but both companies will not even take a
chance hiring me because they require the ability to acquire SCI, which
cannot happen as long as my JPAS screen shows in red and the incident is
not removed.
I have exhausted all my resources dealing with this situation and I'm at
your mercy to please expedite this case for me so I can, not only take on
this position in Afghanistan but be able to care for my family.
I have no idea who reads these emails or how they are taken care of but
I do hope someone will read it and act upon it.
At this point I really do not know what to do. My full name is Tama L.
BBBBBBB DOB11/14/1957 POB Oregon. If someone were to contact me I'd
gladly give my SSN#.
This is the third time emailing the customer service email and I've
faxed a request as well as the company trying to bring me on has.
Do hope this email will help explain my situation of concern.
Thank you.

Spanky  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:06:50 PM(UTC)
Spanky

WHY do you people insist on using tons of abbreviations... like everyone knows what you're talking about.

TechFred  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:37:26 PM(UTC)
TechFred

If in fact you were wrongly accused, go to your congressman, there is no need to suffer because of a few idiots!
tama1957  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:30:43 PM(UTC)
tama1957

Thank you I'll do that today. I called DSS again this morning without any answers or help yet again. No one and I mean no one within DSS has any answers and cannot give me assistance with a time line that PCD will take action to remove the incident report from my JPAS summary.
What a jacked up system to say the least.

Wakahaka  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 7:39:04 AM(UTC)
Wakahaka

Here's how it works.  When an incident report is filed against you either by the contractor or OGA (Other Govt Agency), your record goes red in JPAS.  This means it's under review by DISCO (Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office).  If it can be simply adjudicated, it will go back to normal.  If it requires a new investigation, a re-investigation will be accomplished by OPM.  DSS has no input in to how fast OPM conducts their reinvestigation or when it will be completed.

After the OPM investigation, the materials once again get forwarded to DISCO for adjudication.  If you still cannot be favorably adjudicated, you are referred to DOHA (Dept of Hearing and Appeals).  You then get to state your case to a judge (with evidence) of why you should have a clearance.  The judge then makes the final call.

---------------------

Here's the truth - 

Your record going "red' in JPAS means nothing.  If they did not remove your access from classified (DISCO), then the contractor had no reason to terminate you.  SCI adjudication is also not handled by DSS, it's handled by DIA mainly, or a difference agency, dependent on what program you're working on.  SCI adjudication is a different CAF than DSS, and therefore do not interact at all.  So please don't confuse the two.

Also, contractors are required to report ALL incidents into JPAS now, even ones where there was no loss or compromise of classified information.  I do find it a bit odd that your record is still red after a few weeks, which means you did something nefarious enough to warrant a reinvestigation (I assume).

I hope I cleared some information up for you at least.  Your beef should be with your contractor for firing you, not for them doing their job and reporting your incident in JPAS.  I'd be reviewing the company policies to see what their graduated scale of disciplinary action is, to make sure it actually reads "up to termination" for security violations.  Because if it does not, I'd be looking at attorneys...

Wakahaka  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 7:41:09 AM(UTC)
Wakahaka

To clarify, you can also submit a FOIA act to both DSS or OPM requesting the status.  Make sure you follow the proper procedures to do this.

I just hope I didn't spend the last 10 minutes writing this, to a person who is just blowing a situation out of proportion than it really is.
tama1957  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:23:52 AM(UTC)
tama1957

I'm not so upset with them submitting the report what I'm upset about is they did not say in the initial report there was no compromise of classified material and the individual was terminated and no other action was required by them(CTC).
I was told by DSS if that little statement had been made they most likely would not have entered it in JPAS...BUT because CTC held that statement out until the final report was submitted and that was only due to me contacting them, there is no telling how long it'll take to be removed.
My case it at Personnel Clearance Division(PCD) for review. It doesn't need to go to DOHA and there is no need for a new adjudication.
What amazes me is how fast they entered the initial in to JPAS but it's taking twice as long to be removed.
Thank's for the tip about the company policies about diciplinary action, hadn't thought of that. Not sure how I'll get ahold of it now I'm no longer employed with them or is that something they'd have to had over?
I've never had something think this happen to me and it's so stressful.
Thank you again for the tips, they are greatly appreciated.
barkadanyc  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:43:16 AM(UTC)
barkadanyc

Let me ask you a question?

Did you see the Incident Reports on JPAS or the exact violation?

If it states "no comprise" then you are good i believe. Did you check on what you did was in violation of the NISPOM? incident reports could be anything i dont think it has to be a spill of classified, example would be going from one agency to another carrying classified information but not having it properly stored in a double sealed bag, although no classified information was spilled it is still a security violation and it would be reported in jpas

what was the exact violation...

Is it not what you know or what you have done? Or merely who you know and who you done.
tama1957  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:57:12 AM(UTC)
tama1957

I understand a clearance is a privilege not a right and freedom is never free....I served my country.

I was working in a suite with three SCIFs for a year and seven months, alone, there were NEVER any classified contracts, material, etc in any of these three SCIF's the entire time due to the fact they lost the one contract they'd bid on when they leased this space.
The company hired a receptionist because another company was going to sublet one of the SCIF's, I was leaving the following week for vacaction and was told by the site manager to ensure the receptionist had the codes to open and close in case this company came by to look at the space. This part was my fault and I've taken responsibility for this, I should have double checked to see if she'd be indoctrinated again, she had the eligibility she just hadn't been back over to the client for a new read on.
So while I'm gone I get a call telling me she hadn't been read on and when I got back to call not to come in and we all pretty much know what that means.
So my boss so the incident was unrecoverable and they were terminating me that day. There was no "let's write you up or you're on report" it was automatic termination.
Not sure if that explains it enough or not but a lot of the hold up was they faxed the initial and the final and I was enformed by DSS that does take longer when it's faxed and they don't do it electronically via JPAS.
It's just the not knowing where it is in the stack of other final reports.
tama1957  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:57:44 AM(UTC)
tama1957

Sorry, the report stated security violation.
Wakahaka  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:25:17 PM(UTC)
Wakahaka

Well it would depend.  Lets say you forgot to spin the lock on a Closed Area, yet cameras showed no one entered.  That would be a "No Compromise" Security Violation and would probably not weigh negatively against you.

However, if you commit a Security Violation that shows gross negligence, it may adversely affect your Security Clearance.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed