Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adsamart10  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:58:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks to attorney Robert McGill, I was approved.  Initially OPM denied my disability for ridiculous reasons.  Mr. McGill took over my case when it was on the appeal to the MPSB, and we did to even go to a hearing.  OPM reversed their decision.  HE did an aweseome job, he took care of everything and I cannot tell you have relieved I am.  I highly recommend him if you truly want your disability retirement application approved.
Marie  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:29:58 PM(UTC)
pia7300

Thanks for the info. Just hired him last week and am hoping for the same results.
lesterclan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:50:48 AM(UTC)

Wow.  I detect a trend.  That is the same process for me.
Pilar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:39:23 AM(UTC)
Pugcrazy

Tyrone Harris  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:02:41 AM(UTC)
calikid98

I called Mr.McGill, and he said he charges $5k, wish I had that, and he also stated that, OPM doesn't care whether or not if your job says that can't accommodate you...I haven't recieved a denial letter yet ,because I may get approved on my own..we'll see!sd
slowerlower  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:01:14 AM(UTC)

I HAVE MR. McGILL AS MY LAWYER TOO, HE HAS A VERY GOOD REPUTATION AND GOT THE JOB DONE FOR MY HUSBAND 11 YEARS AGO. WOULDN'T HIRE ANYONE ELSE !

Stormbringer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:06:31 AM(UTC)

I just had a dear friend of mine use mcgill..and she just got approved after 5 months..THANK GOD! I am soooo happy for her. Wish I had used him myself but am trying it on my own..keep me in your prayers people! Have absolutely NO money coming in right now...
Jeff Cornell  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:54:21 PM(UTC)
jeffcornell

Robert McGill got my approval, and, on the initial application. He is the best there is in obtaining federal disability retirement approval decisions. Simply put, do yourself a favor and hire Mr. McGill.

Jeff C.
Christina Vaughan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:26:56 PM(UTC)
coldday12

Did any else other tham me notice that the person that started this post onlyonly ever posted on time ever. And Mr JeffC C just joined joined the same day that he brought this post back to life.
Maybe its just a coincidence, or possibly free advertisement. I am just saying....lol
Jeff Cornell  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:32:31 PM(UTC)
jeffcornell

I came across this thread and saw Mr. McGill's name mentioned several times so I joined in order to provide my stamp of approval based on my positive experience with Mr. McGill. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jeff C.
GSBS  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 6:49:52 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 260 post(s)
coldday12 wrote:
Did any else other than me notice that the person that started this post only only ever posted on time ever. And Mr JeffC C just joined joined the same day that he brought this post back to life.
Maybe its just a coincidence, or possibly free advertisement. I am just saying....lol
Not really as many people come to a forum like this, take the time to register, and never return?  Attorney McGill is very popular and is involved with posting legal information & blogs, also a forum legal adviser at another popular legal site. While he is a master at marketing his product, he does not spam forums although some attorneys do exactly that! Just joining and reviving an old post shows people are searching and reading archived pages. I have gone back to some of our really old posts and found old friends, some with very sad stories and were never able to pull it off.Sleepy
thanks 1 user thanked GSBS for this useful post.
GILGOMEZ on 10/23/2015(UTC)
cinndy  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:37:20 AM(UTC)

I'm not promoting anyone or giving free advertisement but a former co-worker used McGill and her disability retirement was approved in less than a year.  It is what it is!   I have never used him.

Anonymous  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 9:04:45 AM(UTC)
SoaringSpirit

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am currently using Atty McGill for DR. I was denied at the initial step. Since then, I obtained more indepth medical reports from my doctors. Atty McGill has now filed for reconsideration. Despite this setback, and I do expect to prevail at the next step, but throughout my dealings with Atty McGill since last year, I have found him to be the best of the best. I found him to be highly capable, he returns all calls and emails usually the same day, and is very professional. My experience with Atty McGill has been very positive on all levels. Though expensive, I highly recommend him. You get what you pay for in life normally. SoaringSpirit2012-10-05 17:10:24
thanks 1 user thanked SoaringSpirit for this useful post.
DRApplicant  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:33:50 AM(UTC)
DRApplicant

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just found this thread.

Any of Mr. McGill's more recent clients still around? If so, I'd like to hear from you.
Stephan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:57:57 PM(UTC)
Stephan

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I used Mr. McGill and was approved in TWO MONTHS! My Agency was ready to let me go at that point (so they could lower FTE) and I had already taken a lot of leave (paid and unpaid under FMLA)due to my diagnoses so that helped. But then again, most employees that have health problems which keep them from doing their job, most often equates to not being able to be "present" at the workplace.

Yes, his cost is around $5K, but if I didn't have it in cash, I would have used a credit card. If you truly can't work the job, and you see the light at the end of the tunnel, except it's a train engine light (ultimately termination), then using a charge card or taking out a loan is something you should not think twice about.

Not easy, but necessary.
thanks 1 user thanked Stephan for this useful post.
awersing  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 11:58:02 AM(UTC)
awersing

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stephan Go to Quoted Post
I used Mr. McGill and was approved in TWO MONTHS! My Agency was ready to let me go at that point (so they could lower FTE) and I had already taken a lot of leave (paid and unpaid under FMLA)due to my diagnoses so that helped. But then again, most employees that have health problems which keep them from doing their job, most often equates to not being able to be "present" at the workplace.

Yes, his cost is around $5K, but if I didn't have it in cash, I would have used a credit card. If you truly can't work the job, and you see the light at the end of the tunnel, except it's a train engine light (ultimately termination), then using a charge card or taking out a loan is something you should not think twice about.

Not easy, but necessary.

Congrats! Two months is very fast.
Aaron W.
Pines Federal
GILGOMEZ  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:54:52 AM(UTC)
GILGOMEZ

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello, I'm new here and also in the DR application process. I too hired Mr. McGill based on all the positive feedback and references I found online and on forums like this. He started working my case last month and we finally got two doctors on board with their medical statement letters and copies of their records. We have one more doctor's package in the works and hopefully that should be completed in the coming days. I am praying Mf.McGill can get my package submitted in the next two weeks but we still need that third doctor.

So far he has been very responsive, professional and although expensive, he allows installment payments for the 2nd half of his fees. Hoping the process is not too dragged out....

Thanks for sharing your stories!
gg
DRApplicant  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 8:35:18 PM(UTC)
DRApplicant

I have had very positive interactions with Mr. McGill. Although I didn't hire him in the end, I would have been willing to but went with another excellent attorney.

Even in hindsight, OPM is so ridiculous and frankly extremely unprofessional, I don't think it matters which attorney I hired. As for MSPB, it's simple: Everything depends on the AJ assigned to your case. Period. In the end, assuming you have a good attorney and a good case, it's all down to luck. Get an AJ with a lengthy history (their decisions are published online) of deciding in favor of the government 99+% of the time...and you're screwed. Simple as that.
s-man  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:05:28 AM(UTC)
s-man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I used Mr. McGill as well. He helped me get my initial application put together quite strongly. It was approved last week, about 7 weeks after I received my CSA!

Worth every penny.
DRApplicant  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:49:56 PM(UTC)
DRApplicant

Congrats, s-man. You have been very fortunate indeed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed